Wool Loss

sheep15

Just born
Reaction score
Hello, recently my brother and I sheared his ram. Once he was sheared we noticed that on his side there was a few places where wool was missing. We thought maybe we had done it with the shears, but over the last few days more of the wool has come out. There is no sores or anything like that, just bare skin. It's like these lines that goes down his side in a few different places, no place else on him. We first put bag a balm on it and that seemed to make it worse, so we started putting blukote on it and we really don't see a difference. We are getting ready to worm all of our sheep, we thought maybe that had someting to do with it. If anyone has any ideas or advice we would grealy appreciate it. Thank you.

sheep15

Just born
Reaction score
That is what I was thinking too. Would have any idea what kind? I've been looking at different sprays to get on Jeffers.com, but I'm not sure which one would be the best.

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I just Ivomec my goats so I'm not sure about the different sprays. I did also buy some powder from TSC and have used that.

sheep15

Just born
Reaction score
What kind of Ivomec do you use? We use the Ivomec sheep drench, do think that would work? I never thought about a powder, do you remember the name of it?

ksalvagno

Alpaca Master
Reaction score
I use the cattle injectible but I would read the label on your sheep drench and see what the label says. The powder is in a white and purple container. I think it says Python. It was a general powder for several types of livestock.