You dont know true pain until....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chose to bail when my horse started bucking and landed on my butt, which is great, except I have school tomorrow and will be expected to sit in a chair for most of the day.
Well at least he didn't step on you too. Look on the bright side....not the back side LOL LOL LOL

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chose to bail when my horse started bucking and landed on my butt, which is great, except I have school tomorrow and will be expected to sit in a chair for most of the day.
Dismounts are always better when you have a choice in the matter, tho some are executed with more aplomb and decidedly more gracefully than others. Landing 'sunny side up' is always a plus. I always hated getting up off the ground spitting out a mouthfull of dirt.
When something like that happens to me, first thing I do tho, is look around to see if anyone saw it...

AClark

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
^ Exactly. I could do a flow chart for that.
I always look and see if anyone saw it, because if someone saw it, that means I have to get up and brush off like "I meant to do that". If not, I'm welcome to lay there for an extra minute and ponder the life lesson I may have just learned.

Turtle Rock Farm

Caprine Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dismounts are always better when you have a choice in the matter, tho some are executed with more aplomb and decidedly more gracefully than others. Landing 'sunny side up' is always a plus. I always hated getting up off the ground spitting out a mouthfull of dirt.
When something like that happens to me, first thing I do tho, is look around to see if anyone saw it...
Best "dismount" I've had yet landed me on my feet. Love when I have time to plan where I'm gonna land.

So much less painful than say, crashing into the fence....

Last edited:

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've slid down a horses neck and landed right on my butt - just like going down a slide. I've been fallen on. But the best one was when I landed on my feet (pure luck-not skill) still holding the reins...sounds good, huh? Problem was the horse wasn't finished and on his next jump he launched me through the air behind him (still holding the reins) and separated my shoulder, ugh.