You dont know true pain until....

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I question how I've only broken one bone, only had one surgery and it was on my mouth, and only had two concessions so far.
Suprisingly enough I have never broken a single bone in my body... just dislocated a bunch of stuff and wrecked my back during cheerleading and other activities, and I've only gotten a concussion once.... with all the accidents I'm in I'm truly shocked I've never broken anything

secuono

Herd Master
Reaction score
A wasp stung my finger tip 3 times, millimeters from the last, last night.
Felt like someone repeatedly smashing my finger with a hammer. Second worst pain thus far.

I've had horses step on my toes, no big deal. Most of those types of pain I walk off.

But that was nothing as bad as the time I had unbelievably painful gas. Not in the least funny. I forget what its called, looked it up later, but I almost called 911 thinking I was dying! Guts burst or something! Turns out others have had this level of gas pain and have gone to the hospital thinking they would die. It was the absolute worst! I can't even describe it, nothing has come close since.

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
What were the 2 concessions? o_Oo_O Or was 2 Concussions???:lol::lol::gig:gig
Yeah, it was two. One from falling off a hammock in Mexico, and one from two ski crashes, on in which I did a cartwheel on my head while trying to stop from a fast speed in effort to get snow on my cousin. Thankfully he got out of the way, but let's just say I'm not doing that again. And the ski patrol cousin didn't learn about it for a couple weeks.
Suprisingly enough I have never broken a single bone in my body... just dislocated a bunch of stuff and wrecked my back during cheerleading and other activities, and I've only gotten a concussion once.... with all the accidents I'm in I'm truly shocked I've never broken anything
Wow that's surprising!!!

norseofcourse

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guess there's something to be said for being a bookworm when I was a kid! Of course, we did ride bikes with no helmets, roller skates that clamped over your shoes and fell off a lot, and roamed all over the place with no parental supervision and survived.

Broke my wrist due to a fall from a horse when I was in my 20's, got a mild concussion coming off a pony in my 30's. Went to walk into a step-up horse trailer once and did not notice the butt bar was still up - cracked me right on top of my head, man that hurt! I swear I still have the dent in my skull...

For true pain, though, two words: kidney stones. I've had about a dozen. If you have never had any, be very thankful...

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
For true pain, though, two words: kidney stones
Yep! BTDT
Shingles - shooting pain from my back down my left leg to my ankle. Every so often it felt like someone was stabbing a knife in my thigh and twisted it back and forth a few times.

newton the goat

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
The goats leash gets caught on the fence after it was ripped out of your hands... and in your attempt to catch it she bolts and it wraps around your neck.... now I know not to move her on my own (actually there's a new rule because of it)

micah wotring

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A wasp stung my finger tip 3 times, millimeters from the last, last night.
Felt like someone repeatedly smashing my finger with a hammer. Second worst pain thus far.
I had a wasp sting me on my eyelid once! I was mowing the yard and didn't see the nest. Let go of the push mower and ran for the house. Everyone thought I was crazy for a little while until they saw what happened. Couldn't see out of that eye for over a week! I suddenly have a great respect for wasps and yellow jackets. lol

Poka_Doodle

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chose to bail when my horse started bucking and landed on my butt, which is great, except I have school tomorrow and will be expected to sit in a chair for most of the day.

Latest posts