You dont know true pain until....

WantonWoodsman

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I suddenly got to thinking that maybe now is a good time for me to start looking for a smaller ram. Just in case........

I do not draw pleasure out of all the pain you people have suffered, but some of it is real funny......still laughing :lol:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got bit by a 100lb pig on my butt. He held on for a good 5 seconds. I also got bit in the boob. I have also got my foot stepped on by a 16hh throroughbred. Ive gotten kicked by an alpaca and our old ram bruised my tailbone. I love the animals, but sometimes... :rolleyes:

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
My neighbor found out what a 30 pound T-post driver feels like when you bring it down on your own head. We were driving a post in some really heavy soil and it was almost far enough in the ground. He raised the driver up to what should have been close to the top of the post and brought it down with all of his 240 lbs of body weight. Problem was he took it up to high and when slamming it down it came out and bounced off the end of the post hitting him right smack in the middle of his head. Blood started gushing but it looked worse than it was.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
My neighbor found out what a 30 pound T-post driver feels like when you bring it down on your own head. We were driving a post in some really heavy soil and it was almost far enough in the ground. He raised the driver up to what should have been close to the top of the post and brought it down with all of his 240 lbs of body weight. Problem was he took it up to high and when slamming it down it came out and bounced off the end of the post hitting him right smack in the middle of his head. Blood started gushing but it looked worse than it was.
That HAD to hurt. Just lifting it up to put it over the post lets you know they are downright heavy! Given I have no depth perception, I prefer to tilt the post, slide the driver on top and lift them together. Especially with 7' posts.

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
I also tilt them Bruce when on the ground. I pamper myself when I can now and will pull the front end loader up to the post and stand in the bucket to do the driving. :)

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am 1 tractor and FEL shy of being able to do that but it sure sounds like a great idea!

Latest posts