You might be a redneck if... share your stories we need the laughs

Daxigait

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I'm going to bring this idea over to a new group of people I need the humor.
Just for laughs let's share chicken and animal things we never thought we would do, and people without animals would never understand. What have you done that lives up to you might be a red neck if???

For example, I took my goat to the vet one day in the front of the truck and laughed myself to tears at people's reactions and double takes.
Screenshot_20210108-103214~2.png
Or standing in an open barn while we were getting freezing rain blow drying a goat that was recently sick so I could put a blanket on her because she was shivering. It was headed down to three that night so I was worried.

Or washing a chickens butt and blowing her dry.....

What about you?

Last edited:

Larsen Poultry Ranch

Herd Master
Reaction score
I have washed a hen before, she was broody and broke several eggs and it was all over her underside. I had my helper dump out the rinse bucket they just filled and refill it with warm water from the house because I didn't want to break her of being broody. The hen went on to continue setting and hatched her remaining two eggs.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
....if you've ever used bedroom furniture, trash and workshop items to build a processing station. The outside sink here is supported on upturned bed ends, the killing cones are bleach jugs and the chicken skinner is a repurposed C clamp, though I've since upgraded to a table vise for that chore.
100_0074.JPG
100_0077.JPG

Alasgun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I sure hope this don’t get me banned, i like it here.
”you might be a redneck if” you re-purpose your skinned out coyote carcassas!
i’d hang them to skin and just leave them on the cord till the next day cause after they froze they were easier to handle. Handle as in “feed the chickens” who relished the extra protien.
well, one day i decided to line a bunch of them up “dog sled” fashion and, well - you can see where that ended up!

Attachments

• C221CFC4-BDBD-4FAE-80BF-7D91CFE98D19.jpeg
    C221CFC4-BDBD-4FAE-80BF-7D91CFE98D19.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 187

messybun

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Where to start? Going out every hour on the hour with molasses water for a goat(spider bite) even though it was freezing cold and rainy. Having multiple dog kennels in the dining/mud room because the young goats were cold and we don’t have a barn. Sleeping next to said goats with a blanket to help them warm up. Drying beach towels in the dryer so they’re warm and then going and drying off shivering goats. Which might be why my dryer gave out after only 9 years.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I sure hope this don’t get me banned, i like it here.
”you might be a redneck if” you re-purpose your skinned out coyote carcassas!
i’d hang them to skin and just leave them on the cord till the next day cause after they froze they were easier to handle. Handle as in “feed the chickens” who relished the extra protien.
well, one day i decided to line a bunch of them up “dog sled” fashion and, well - you can see where that ended up!
That's about the funniest thing I've ever seen on here!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Alasgun

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I'm sure glad that was well received, i hurried home from Church and went straight to my tablet; to see if i still had a happy home or not.

those carcasses really got interesting after the chickens picked them clean, and i mean clean! I had one nailed up on the roof of the old cabin for a while, in a standing posture; and when folks would ask id tell them “we really had a hard winter last year”.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'm sure glad that was well received, i hurried home from Church and went straight to my tablet; to see if i still had a happy home or not.

those carcasses really got interesting after the chickens picked them clean, and i mean clean! I had one nailed up on the roof of the old cabin for a while, in a standing posture; and when folks would ask id tell them “we really had a hard winter last year”.

My son and I would subscribe to your channel for comedic purposes if you had one. Extremely funny stuff!!! I would have loved to see that! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: