Youngfarmer2019 3:19 farms Journal

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
well…let’s just say this morning didn’t go the way I thought it would…to give a little backstory Adeline had actually started pushing (a few here and there but nothing consistent) at 4pm yesterday.
Around 3am I was woken up by one of our Aussies going crazy because our Great Pyrenees had gotten out, I got her back in and decided to check on Adeline (who had been fully dilated as of 9pm last night) when I walked into her stall she had a long strand of goo and was actively pushing. A shallow check showed me there was a bubble right there waiting so I was unconcerned and sat back to let her do what she needed to. After several minutes of pushing and no progress (besides popping the bubble) I decided to check and see what was wrong and felt two feet but no nose…
I tried repositioning that baby from 3:30 all the way till 5am…I tried everything…including a kid snare and couldn’t get his head to stay between his feet…when I say it was twisted back, it was twisted back BAD, his neck was wrapped all the way under him and his nose was touching the opposite shoulder…we ended up trying to pull him (well I tried and couldn’t…I didn’t have enough strength) I called my dad and he came out and worked with it for probably 20 min…at this point the kids jaw was broken and he twisted that baby and had to break its legs and neck to get it out (it had already died probably 30-45 min prior to him pulling😞)
Long story short…we pulled a buckling the size my biggest two week old (dewsy) he’s a good 10-12lbs. When he came out, his placenta came with him and I was immediately relieved and then had to jump back into action because her uterus had turned fully inside out and had come out with the baby…it took some careful, very delicate manipulation…but I got her uterus back in and made sure it was fully turned right side out. I didn’t feel or see any tears in her uterus but I know she tore for sure on her cervix/vulva.

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
So sorry - huge yikes on that. That’s a really tough one. Hope she pulls through ok. That was a full on uterine prolapse then. I know it was because of the big buckling and bad positioning- is that something that will be more likely happen again?
Premier has prolapse harnesses and spoons that could be handy to have.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Oh no...when it goes wrong it can really go wrong. So sorry you had to deal with that.
Agree. When bad happens, usually worse does, too. Hoping Adeline makes out ok. That's never what we want to see happen. Lucky you were awakened. So sorry.
Oh my goodness, that was rough! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. Thank God you managed to save her life. Praying for her full recovery!
It was very rough…I’m hoping she pulls through ok too…
So sorry - huge yikes on that. That’s a really tough one. Hope she pulls through ok. That was a full on uterine prolapse then. I know it was because of the big buckling and bad positioning- is that something that will be more likely happen again?
Premier has prolapse harnesses and spoons that could be handy to have.
yes😞 her full uterus came completely inside out outside her body…I’ve got a prolapse harness on her right now, antibiotics (which I usually avoid 🫤) and anti inflammatory and pain meds on voard