Youngfarmer2019 3:19 farms Journal

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sorry for the loss. One thing for you to know, we had a heifer do a complete prolapse like that and had the vet come put it in. He said that if she made it 24 hours she should do okay. He said that he cannot see the vein/artery (can't remember which he said) that feeds the uterus, so if it hadn't torn, she ought to survive it, but if it has torn, there is no way to see it and they will bleed internally... I would imagine it is somewhat the same for goats and sheep. So, it was most likely something you could not see, and could not have done anything different than you did for her.

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Family…gotta love em. As many of yall know, my sweet darling Adeline passed away earlier this week…the day she did I was called into work unexpectedly and it was taking everything in me to hold it together and do my work. I got home after that long day at work only for my family to surprise me by handing me an envelope and saying “let’s go goat shopping” my sweet sweet family took the time to stalk the goats I love from the farm that I was going to to get my buckling from, twisted the breeders arm and convinced him to let go of a bred doe and a bottle baby doeling. So let me introduce y’all to my buckling (planned since November)
Congaree TW Reign of Everest
IMG_6435.jpeg

Doeling…Congaree HRC Eden’s Crown
IMG_6477.jpeg

And the biggest surprise of all! A bred doe! She’s 10 months old…look at that size! That depth!
Congaree RC Polysnesian Fool (I need a barn name for her! Suggestions appreciated!!)
IMG_6450.jpeg

Youngfarmer2019

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Polly....

That was really nice of the family to do for you..... Really really nice.
That’s what her breeder called her…not a huge fan of it🫣😅
And yes..I was more than shocked, pleased, surprised…I didn’t think they paid attention to the farms I love but evidently they stalk them just like I do😂 I’ve loved this bred doe ever since I saw her as a junior!