1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. Hay Baler - Discussion Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice
  4. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

7 week old bottle baby with scours/fever

Discussion in 'Diseases & Injuries - Goats' started by Willowbriar, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Jun 17, 2017
    Willowbriar

Willowbriar Chillin' with the herd

Yes,I bonded with Lumi because she was truly my "baby" with the bottle feeding and all. She followed me like a puppy from the day I brought her home. I was her "mama" without a doubt.

The two little ones are not quite as personable toward humans and right now Krimpet is asserting her dominance when the even begin to even consider approaching us. Silly, jealous goat. :p But she'll come around and so will they. I always bring the goats home when I have a long weekend so I can spend lots of time with them and observing them. I'm excited to see them settle in and learn their personalities!

The wether I'm getting is a very sweet little boy. I'm hoping my mom (she lives with us, is 89 and has dementia...thankfully slow progressing) will take to him. She was VERY attached to Lumi and was upset when she learned about her passing. She even said that was "her goat!" :)

2. Jun 17, 2017
    OneFineAcre

OneFineAcre Herd Master

I'm very sorry you lost her

3. Jun 17, 2017
    Latestarter

Latestarter Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry Golden Herd Member

Sorry for your loss. Grats on the new additions. I hope they all fit in quickly.