77Herford Farm Zoo Journal Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Despite the quarantine time for the Black Backs/Black Baldies, I couldn't see them just eating hay on such a great day in their dirt paddock. I moved the small group with some quick strings of electric wire. I rotate my cattle more often than I used to once I learned more about rotational grazing and have little spools of wire that I can pull out fairly fast for a quick one strand and move a small group of cows at a time. Its important to shut off the Electricity before touching the spool....(I've missed this step a few times). :/

So now the Blacky's are enjoying real fresh grass on this sunny day.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Royd Wood said:
So with new calves you now have a cattle head count of over 150 - wow
And to think I want to get to two hundred head of Cattle.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Well though I miss the early morning hello from Raven at my doorway, it seems that Chief is taking up the role as if he knew it would make me happy. Raven for years would sleep outside of my bedroom door and meet me in the morning.

All the Simmental's are finally done calving.

The Galloway's have about half of their calves on the ground. Not as many belties as I hoped for but a handful is good for me. Mostly black Galloway's running around with their little curly hair and stocky little bodies. They are like the Cow teddy bear of the bovine world.

My original livestock the Chicken's are doing great and laying like crazy. They are all currently out in their individual runs enjoying the fresh grass clipping I just cut and tossed in each run. My colorful mixed flock are enjoying their casual time in the front yard and look to be moving to the front 40 to clean up were the Sheep were during winter. I'm sure they will enjoy it for days especially the stream and all the flies and minnows.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Moving to my old family farm due to old issues. Not sure when I will be on again.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Wow! That sounds like bad news. :( What are you going to do with all the animals??

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Uh oh, hopefully everthing's okay at your end. :hugs Sounds like there's issues that you can't really discuss on here. Regardless, hopefully they get resolved for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.