77Herford Farm Zoo Journal Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
X-Rays show tumors so Raven will get more tests with an Ultra sound today. The Doctor said the abdominal tumors are widespread so the prognosis doesn't look good for Raven.

So I guess its a wait and see. I'm getting Chief examined too just in case. :(

SuburbanFarmChic

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Our old dog has mast cell cancer. He'll probably die of old age before the tumors get him. If he starts to show pain, discomfort etc we're going to have him put down but since he can still jump up on the bed, run around like an idiot and isn't in a crappy mood 90% of the time (the other 10% is just his usual charming personality) then we'll let him go until he tells us it's time. Chemo was not an option. It's too hard on a dog of his age.

I hope it's something where she will have some time.

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
77Herford said:
X-Rays show tumors so Raven will get more tests with an Ultra sound today. The Doctor said the abdominal tumors are widespread so the prognosis doesn't look good for Raven.

So I guess its a wait and see. I'm getting Chief examined too just in case. :(
:hugs I hope all goes well

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
I'm glad X-rays are fast. Chief is clear and in good health. The Doc ran some other blood test to cover the bases so I'll have to wait on them but at least I know he doesn't have tumors too.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
On a happier note one of my Premium Herefords has twin heifers. They are pretty cute but small and I'll be keeping an eye on them. The mother like most of my Herefords is tender and nuturing, which is one of the things I look for in Cow selection in my herds besides the obvious carcass qualities.
I also have other calves born from my Herefords of both herd groups. Just so you know most of the year my Herefords are all together unless its breeding time, then I seperate them, which I may not do this year. (Seperate them that is)

My Turkeys are finally enjoying their open pen and gobbling up the green grass and bugs.

I purchased some Trout from a local fishery for two of my ponds.

My mini forest project from last year is coming along nicely with some renewed growth.

I will be wrapping my fruit trees this afternoon as it might freeze tonight. I guess I'll need to cover some of my flowers too.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Raven died last night. I had to put her to sleep with the vet's advice. A larger area ultrasound showed Raven's cancer tumors had wrapped themselves around her kidneys and were literally cutting them off. Raven was failing rapidly so I very sadly spent another hour with her and let her go.
She was my second but best dog and she'll be greatly missed.

daisychick

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
So sorry to hear this. :( I know you don't like to be over ran with hugs, but I am sending you one anyway. :hugs It is really hard to lose a dog that is a part of your family.

Status
Not open for further replies.