77Herford Farm Zoo Journal Moving

Status
Not open for further replies.

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Many of my animals will be coming with me. I am selling all my Dairy Goats except the French and British Alpines. My Jerseys will be coming with me as well along with most my chickens, cattle and dogs. The Sheep are being sold off to a few different breeders.
My horses Sugar, Mitsy, Bitsy and Sugar's filly will be coming.

I'm selling most of my farm except for a small patch along my favorite creek.

The farm sale will cover the unforeseen family debt, I now have to cover.

jodief100

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Man- that hurts! I am so sorry for the situation. I hope things work out for you. I know you will find a way to make things happen.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch! Debt is always a real bummer, especially when you get too far into it.

Well, good luck with everything, hope you get a good price for the farm. And you'll be missed on here, for sure!

77Herford

The Farm Zookeeper
Reaction score
Well a majority of my farm will be sold in one block to a large land owner in the area. The sale will be more than enough to cover my other family members debt issues that they didn't tell me about...:rant

See my place in central iowa was purchased with the help of several family members with faith in me, which I greatly appreciated. Unfortunately with the current economic environment one of my family member had fallen behind in other payments and the bank then demanded full payment. My Farm's loan was tied to this debt so I intern had to pay the large sum as my family member couldn't but since I bought our family farm on my own without anyone else and on a seperate loan I didn't have to give up that farm. I will miss my old place but am proud that I will work the land that has been in my family for generations.

I have had LOTS of help in the moving process. It helps when a cousin has a couple Semi's and cattle trailors. He is a part owner of a feedlot and has been helpful.

It doesn't take long for property in Central Iowa to sell, lol. 'You gotta laugh otherwise I'd just go nuts.'
Ended up selling my Charolais and Simmentals. I broke even but they should have a nice place down the road of the Family Farm. Not as much room with all those Goats, lol.
The G.A.S Ladies and Gents would of laughed if they had seen my two Alpines faces when we rolled up on the place with pastures full of Goats. Their eyes went big and they starter talking them up and haven't stopped.

The Sheep's new owner will pick them up in a few days but I won't be there, my X will be watching the place. Once we got the stupid Chickens loaded they were easy to move but man they did not cooperate.

I'm living in my Grand parents old house as they are both long since past but I remember stay here many times as a child and find it wierd I'm living here now. They never had a computer or much technology and now theres a Digital Tv in the family room and a lap top in the study/sowing room. Its kinda like living in the Twilight Zone until I make this place my own. The place had a few renters during the gap of my Grand parents passing and me moving in and has been remodeled from the inside, which does dampen things a bit but still lots of little things I remember.

Oh and sold the Pigs too.

WildRoseBeef

Range nerd & bovine enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, at least now you can focus on improving them Herefords and Galloways without having those ruddy chars and simmis to worry about. :D Maybe you can get some good Shorthorns from Canada to throw in. ;)

J/K sounds like things've worked out well enough for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.