Alaskan's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Just don't take my spouse to the grocery store. I've noticed it costs a LOT more on the occasions we've gone together. Spouse is fairly practical, not into jewelry but that dried mango is $13/pound! And that is something put on the list whether I go alone or we go together. Fortunately I am retired, spouse works as a postal clerk 6 days a week so isn't "available" for grocery shopping very often.

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
So is 74°! Must be Amber has lots of money to "burn" ;) Even with the woodstove going that part of my house is rarely much over 70°. No A/C here and the thermostat has never been set above 68.
Think twice ;)
The electric bill is super cheap here...tiny place. When I run the dryer or the oven the temp in the house goes up a few degrees! I baked cookies this morning and didn't even need to turn the heat on.
A warm and scented house...bonus!

I lived in a house in Maine that was heated with oil and that was the most expensive heating bill I've ever seen...and I kept the house at 60 and was freezing all day!

Then in PA the house I lived in was heated with natural gas....the heating bill in December was over $500 and I had it set to 58 :ep

I'm loving being able to be comfortable and not have to pay a fortune!

Latest posts