Alaskan's Journal

thistlebloom

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Nice moose Alaskan! We get visited also. They aren't as happy with me the past year or so because I have finally fortified the alfalfa hay stack so they can't get in.
We had a young cow that came to play in the lawn sprinkler in the summer. Ours are just wee Idaho moose though, not as statuesque as your Alaskan variety.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's cool! Whaddya think? Is it a mama and twins? Or just a random grouping?
It is probably a cow with grown twins.. but just am.not sure. I can't remember if "our" cow had twins this year.

Are they in your yard? @thistlebloom has yard moose. Is moose both plural and singular? Mooses? Moosies? Meese? If you have moosies in your yard, have you been moosed?
Yep, right up against the stairs to the deck.

Technically it stays Moose, singular and plural... but my kids think that is stupid so call them 1 moose and 2 or more meese. :lol:

Nice moose Alaskan! We get visited also. They aren't as happy with me the past year or so because I have finally fortified the alfalfa hay stack so they can't get in.
We had a young cow that came to play in the lawn sprinkler in the summer. Ours are just wee Idaho moose though, not as statuesque as your Alaskan variety.
Just a few years back I saw an article on that... all of the different kids of moose. Kind of cool how different they are/can be.