Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid 4, age 15.5

On our way back home after he helped me with church books and practiced church singing.

20211104_181645.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Poor kid #3... I watched him struggling trying to get the bobcat to snowblow on a 90 degree turn going uphill...

It wasn't working... maybe he got a rock in the blower... not sure... but I watched him crawl out, crawl over the blower, get back in the machine, shake the blower... all that jaz, and he finally lifted the blower way up high and came on up the driveway.

There he is when the blower was still blowing. I stuck in an arrow so you can find the bobcat in the midst of all that white.
20211128_153037.jpg

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ice crystals on the window are beautiful.... but oh Lord, I am SOOOOO thankful we are not getting any snow yet....
Did the snow blower do better going downhill???? Sometimes the combinations of up hill and turns and all are too much.... we used to have to plow downhill on 2 driveways, years ago, because it just didn't work going uphill.... and some snow blowers just can't take huge deep chunks like that unless you are "crawling".... my DS runs one for the state sometimes, and he has told me some real stories about when they have gone places like "hampton roads"... down in the eastern part of Va where they are not equiped for the snow... and got like 2 feet in one storm.... and how long it would take that huge commercial machine to clear some areas.....