Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
The ice crystals on the window are beautiful.... but oh Lord, I am SOOOOO thankful we are not getting any snow yet....
Did the snow blower do better going downhill???? Sometimes the combinations of up hill and turns and all are too much.... we used to have to plow downhill on 2 driveways, years ago, because it just didn't work going uphill.... and some snow blowers just can't take huge deep chunks like that unless you are "crawling".... my DS runs one for the state sometimes, and he has told me some real stories about when they have gone places like "hampton roads"... down in the eastern part of Va where they are not equiped for the snow... and got like 2 feet in one storm.... and how long it would take that huge commercial machine to clear some areas.....
It did better going downhill.

And yes, wow is it slow!

For the past 20 years we've plowed one driveway downhill and the second driveway (to church and rentals) uphill.

And yes, uphill is a problem.

This year we opened back up an antique strip of road at the top, so we can now plow both roads downhill.

I miss the much faster truck/snow plow.

The snow right now is super light and easy to plow... which also means it is blowing and drifting all over.... and also means it is cold. Negatives F for the lows, highs of 12 or 15F.

And.... still a Blizzard.

Latest posts