Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Chicks.

9 ATM. 3 older Spitz, then second hatch with 2 bantam Ameraucanas, and another Spitz. And, 3 store bought. They were supposed to be 1 pullet RIR, and then 2 pullet black sex links, but I got the RIR and 1 black sex link and one EE. Not sure if the EE is supposed to be a pullet or SR. It is a dark EE, so I didn't realize the sales clerk had grabbed the wrong one from the bin (3 breeds in that bin) until I got home and stuck them in the brooder.

Stupid new eyes ... I didn't want to take the time to put on the readers, then focus on the chick.

Ah well... it will be nice if it is a pullet.

Kid 5 put all chicks on kid 4 so kid 5 could clean the brooder bin.
20220530_120711.jpg

One of the older Spitz sitting on his knee.
20220530_120633.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Kid 3 done did graduate! :weee

So... the kids are all on stage... their name is called, they stand up, walk across the stage. They pass a microphone where they have the option to stop and say something... then they get to their parents or parent or whoever, we hand over the diploma, a picture is taken, and we get off the stage.

I paid him 20 bucks to say something. Kid #1 and #2 had said nothing! I wanted a kid to say SOMETHING....

So.... he said... something along the lines of:

"I would like to thank general motors for making it possible for me to arrive at this graduation."

AND, just to make it clear that this kid is MY kid...

The kids graduating all got to make posters that were put on display. All of the other kids made posters with photos, some with poems ... like these 2:
20220602_192810.jpg
20220602_192806.jpg

My kid??

20220602_172447.jpg

Yep!.. spray paint art... that is an outline of a snow machine half way through a jump. With kid, wearing a helmet, riding it! He started working on it IN MY LIVINGROOM, but when I told him no spray painting inside... he finished it up outside.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh... amd driving home today... saw this crossing the road

20220602_211717.jpg

And... forgot to mention... graduation was in a big-ish town... they get hotter than us... hit 70... everyone was hot... I got more sun I didn't need... and all of the balloon decorations???? The balloons kept POPPING from the heat! :lol:

Graduation was outside in a park.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
So….. is Kid a chip off the old block? LOL

70 degrees is winter here! Balloons popping from the heat makes me laugh!

Moose! Nice view from the window. Ever hunt and stock the freezer? My son in law went to Alaska to visit a cousin and brought back moose steak. It was very good.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So….. is Kid a chip off the old block? LOL

70 degrees is winter here! Balloons popping from the heat makes me laugh!

Moose! Nice view from the window. Ever hunt and stock the freezer? My son in law went to Alaska to visit a cousin and brought back moose steak. It was very good.
Alaska is cut up into different management zones.... each one with its own regs.

We are in a pretty populated area... closest town has almost 6,000 people now... so regulations are TIGHT.

It is hard to find a legal moose to kill. The local general store puts up a display during hunting season with examples of legal and illegal racks. No cows may be shot.

Other areas have looser regs on moose. If we want meat it is easier to send kid 3 to where there is deer... he kills a bunch... and brings it home.

And... that is why raising a pig is always good.