Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Last day of kid #3... before leaves for 6 to 8 weeks to go fishing in the Berring sea...

Grandparents dropped off a care bag...

Betadine, lots of packages of baby wipes, and a giant bag of candy.

:th

It was funny, when we last saw the grandparents, grandma kept going on about how he wouldn't get to shower for 2 months.... I kept trying to tell her that if they are all rolling in fish slime, after the first 3 days, no stank will be noticed.

I am just happy to hear the boat is big enough that he gets his own bed.

Poor kid has been working like gangbusters these last few weeks, finishing up his current job before the fishing job starts. He drove pilot car lastnight until 7am... still passed out atm.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
But jacking it up is a far :hit from actually fixing anything!

BTW, how are you and spouse doing with your new eyes now that months have passed? All adapted and don't even think about the change anymore?

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
But jacking it up is a far :hit from actually fixing anything!

BTW, how are you and spouse doing with your new eyes now that months have passed? All adapted and don't even think about the change anymore?
I really love the new eyes!

I still bring things in closer to see... instead of further away... muscle memory hasn't yet rewired.

I also have to remember to take my glasses OFF to see anything further away than 3 feet. :lol:

But I LOVE being able to drive with sunglasses, and SEE sharp as a tack when I drive!!!

So yes, I still think about and notice the change... but I am very glad I did it.

As to fixing stuff!!! Yes!!! I would be in a panic if this were snow season.... but it isn't... so we will be just fine.