Alaskan's Journal

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
A few things in the greenhouse...

I never got to fixing the fence around my garden... it is now mostly sideways or on the ground... so no outside garden.... (well... two weed filled flower gardens...)

We DID almost finish the staining and painting of the house and chicken coop! :th

Such a chore! Always takes us longer than it "should". And prices on paint and stain is killer.

Now we have to touch up a few trim spots on the house... one rotten board to replace... then paint the barn... barn has been mostly scraped clean.....

Then we have the 3 story tall next door house to stain...

The last set of chicken eggs in the incubator... all bantam, none have hatched... I was traveling for a good part of the incubation... so maybe humidity wasn't checked enough by the kids... not sure.... will candle them all tomorrow, then toss them and try again.....

We did get enough hatched from the Spitz in the hatch before... so that flock has been "refreshed", so that is good.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
And prices on paint and stain is killer.
Such an understatement! 🤔🤣

My DD is working at Lowe's in paint deptment -- couple months now -- and she sees the markdowns and does them. Called to say she picked up a couple gal for me at $9 a gal....marked down from $54!! 😲😲😬. Same barn red I last bought and complained, at $21 a gal. Almost fell over when I saw that price.

This 100% or more increase is not acceptable. It's everywhere on everything! 😩

Latest posts