Alaskan's Journal

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Do you remember the commercial someone did a while back about that? This lady met someone online said they were a french model and it was some guy who obviously couldnt speak french? Yep.....rule of thumb, believe nothing you see and half of what you hear.
bonjour.jpg

bonjour........would ya like an order of snails and chicken feet with that?

(look at the size of the guy's fingers and hand............. ) :ep:hide

Last edited:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Awesome sky the other day.

Very cool.
20180919_114903.jpg

If you look, there is the layer of clouds, then clear where I am standing, clear mountain tops... but the mountain bases across the bay are all clouds.

I drove down into town... solid clouds, thick fog, clouds on the road fog. But only along the coast.

I stopped on the main drag, wish I could have taken a photo... but to my right where the bay is... all clouds, to my left, all sunny. In front of me ... off in the distance was the delineating line... the end of the wall of fog!

Is needed the flying dutchman... or the black pearl.

It was that cool.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yesterday was the 3 month anniversary of my dad's death. So at church tonight I brought the memorial kohliva. Usually the kohliva is made from wheat berries. Christ uses so many wheat references in the Gospels. But at times it is made of rice... especially in areas where rice is the staple grain of the local culture.

I usually make the kohliva out of the wheat berries. But today I used rice, partly because that makes it gluten free (and kid 2 is Celiac), and partially because with the cub scout camping this weekend I did not have the time for wheat berries... kohliva made from rice is faster.

The hole in the middle of the cross is for the candle. I put the candle in AFTER I got it to church.

20180922_182622.jpg

Latest posts