Alaskan's Journal

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
white knuckles..and yep, something akin to Southern Comfort was involved ...
DSC00040.JPG

didn't look any better at daylight either.
DSC00045.JPG

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
And OF COURSE the trailer just HAD to go into the pond, couldn't have slipped off the road 30' farther back!

@Alaskan you need one of those BIG blowers they use in the mountains. You can see the plume a mile away.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I can't imagine having to deal with all that snow ALL winter. We get snow maybe every 3-4 years, it melts and is gone in 3 days. THAT'S my kind of snow.

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
white knuckles..and yep, something akin to Southern Comfort was involved ...
View attachment 39857
didn't look any better at daylight either.
View attachment 39858

dang! Was anything busted?

And all that story I told, and I didn't post the photo of the backhoe coming up to rescue my very heavy rear.

Here ya go...

I am standing by the plow truck looking down the hill... way down you can see the backhoe chugging up my drive. He is plowing up as he is coming. Took a day or three before he could make it out to me, and a few inches had fallen after I got stuck.
20170217_164024.jpg

He is almost at my truck. Dang thing is slow..what can I say, I was bored so I took pictures. See the snow he is pushing? And the tracks in the snow in front of where I am standing.

20170217_164217.jpg

here he is, still driving up, and the corner of my plow truck.
20170217_164209.jpg

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
And OF COURSE the trailer just HAD to go into the pond, couldn't have slipped off the road 30' farther back!

@Alaskan you need one of those BIG blowers they use in the mountains. You can see the plume a mile away.

those are great beasts.... we do have a snowblower that hooks onto the BACK end of the Kobota. Talk about a twisted spine when done. That Kobota is also slow, open air, seat isn't actually attached so you better not rock....oh and the Kobota stopped working. :hu I have been mucking at it a bit...so far no go.... need to have the neighbor help me out.

But I hate using it, it easily takes at least 2 hours to clear up the driveway when on that thing. Luckily the kids are old enough that I can force them to do it....well...except that it isn't currently working.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know a guy that used to be a Kubota dealership service tech (what we used to call a mechanic) In fact, he's on this board...he don't have no truck with goats, sheep or poultry but you can find him posting sometimes.. talkin fencing as he raises charolais and beefmaster cattle...
Maybe he can help ya out with that ol halloween looking tractor...
;)