Alaskan's Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
True! You are BRILLIANT!

You can post pictures of people in 110°F, 100% humidity this summer ;) @Alaskan will be happy to see that from Alaska.
I can do that starting Monday. Forecast is 100 to 103 through Sunday. It's too early in the summer for temperatures that hot. Drought mode, hay is already high, it will get worse. :tongue

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well.. stick a moldy muffin on a stick

:tongue

Cholesterol numbers are worse!!!

Doc said since I have lost weight... and am planning to lose more... no drugs until next year.

:barnie
Stay off the meds! Doctor had my husband on a statin drug and his memory got so bad that he couldn't remember what happened 30 minutes ago. I had the doctor take him off the statin drug. Do what you got to do to get the numbers down!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score

What foods should I avoid if I want to lower my cholesterol?
Other high cholesterol foods to avoid include:
  • Whole-milk dairy products
  • Butter
  • Cream
  • Ice cream
  • Cream cheese
  • Certain shellfish (such as shrimp)
  • Organ meats (such as kidney and brain)
  • Duck and goose (which have more cholesterol than chicken or turkey; the skin on these animals is high in cholesterol).

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
Lower with: Garlic. Flaxseed. Chia seeds. Beans, peas. Legumes, lentils. Wild salmon.walnuts, almonds cashews. Steel cut oats.

Raises with...limit dramatically:. Fried foods. Breads. White pasta. Processed chips. Ice cream, non dairy creamer, butter. Cheese. Cookies, cakes, etc. Processed meats, fatty meats. All the good stuff 🤣

Yep...sad but true! Hey -- you'll loose weight, too! 😊. Veg out!! Eat those greens. Grill meats. Limit starch veggies, corn...🙄

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
So basically lower your cholesterol by dying since you can't eat anything worth eating!
I am willing to drastically reduce meat and whole milk and organ meats!

:lol:

Also... I was thinking I should start smoking... so I can quit smoking.

Quitting smoking is a HUGE help.

:lol:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You can reduce the cholesterol with a healthier diet. You really don't want to go down the path of medications. The key is moderation. You may have a small portion of the offending foods in a great once in awhile as a treat, but not often. Concentrate on the good foods and use moderation in portions. I work at keeping my weight around 135 pounds. If it starts climbing, I shut down the food factory. If it drops a little, that's ok, I'd rather see a lower number than a higher one.

Marie2020

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
You can reduce the cholesterol with a healthier diet. You really don't want to go down the path of medications. The key is moderation. You may have a small portion of the offending foods in a great once in awhile as a treat, but not often. Concentrate on the good foods and use moderation in portions. I work at keeping my weight around 135 pounds. If it starts climbing, I shut down the food factory. If it drops a little, that's ok, I'd rather see a lower number than a higher one.
I so envy your will power :pop

Latest posts