1. BYH Official Poll: What are the things that you should consider before buying herds?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  2. All of your pig talk got me in TROUBLE!
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Contest Time!
    CLICK HERE!

Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. BYH Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!
    Dismiss Notice

All of your pig talk got me in TROUBLE!

Discussion in 'Everything Else Pigs' started by Matt n Lee, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Dec 5, 2017
    misfitmorgan

misfitmorgan True BYH Addict

Smaller pigs do run and jump and play a lot so long as they are healthy and happy....even our big pigs will run and play just kind of more in slow motion :gig The pigs really should have grown a noticeable amount in a month, in small pigs after about 2 weeks of good feed you should have seen quite noticeable growth. I will go thru and watch all your pig videos this evening....if time allows.

If you want to try to tape them again, withhold the morning feeding and then during the evening feeding while they are eating try to tape...generally pigs are a lot more tolerant when they are eating. If it still doesnt work, try the same thing again but just pet them a bit, eventually they wont care what you do while they are eating and will be a lot more tolerant of things you need to do when they are not eating. This is how we break pigs we didnt raise to accept and want us touching them.....except our mini boar he is just a jerk. :smack

2. Dec 5, 2017
    Matt n Lee

Matt n Lee Chillin' with the herd

Here is some footage from this weekend. You can see they have grown. It just doesnt seem to be that significant of growth for a month. I will say that, because they were loaded with worms when we got them, I think we have been playing catch-up and we are hopeful that their growth rate will continue to increase now that they are healthier. Also I can say with confidence they are MUCH happier pigs. Enjoy. If yall like these videos please like subscribe and comment it really helps the channel and we would love to hear from you.

HomeOnTheRange and misfitmorgan like this.