AmberLops Rabbitry Journal

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Something happened today and I don't quite know how to feel about it or what to do...
A lady I've been dealing with for a while wanted to come by today and pick up a lop kit.
So I drive off to meet her, she showed up 45 minutes late. I gave her the rabbit and everything that came with it (food, hay, pedigree) and she asked for my info write out a check.
I told her it's cash only (she's bought 2 rabbits from me before) and reminded her that I told her this already over the phone yesterday. She said she had no cash, and she didn't bring her card so she couldn't pull out the money from the atm. Then she said she could pay me via money order, I said no because the only place that cashes them here is Walmart (which is an hour from me), and they make it almost impossible to cash MO's. She said she'd mail me the cash tomorrow...I don't want her to have my address so I said no.
I got a little frustrated with her, and told her that every time someone has given me a check, it bounces. She got offended and said her check is 'good'.
So, STUPID me took the check and when I got home, she had sent me a nasty email, threatening to post ads on craigslist 'warning people about me'...I didn't reply. Then about an hour later, she wrote another email and told me that she called her bank (on Sunday?) and put a stop payment on the check, so if I try to cash it, it will be fraud.
So long story short...she STOLE my rabbit. I can't believe it!

frustratedearthmother

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yea -- right she called her bank on Sunday....ugh.

So, her phone number and address is printed on the check, right? I'd call the cops and report her for theft and give them her address. But, maybe I'd email her back first and warn her that she needs to bring the rabbit back or show up with some cash. ARGH! People suck!

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yea -- right she called her bank on Sunday....ugh.

So, her phone number and address is printed on the check, right? I'd call the cops and report her for theft and give them her address. But, maybe I'd email her back first and warn her that she needs to bring the rabbit back or show up with some cash. ARGH! People suck!
Yes, all her info is on the check...she's not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Guess that's what i'll have to do. I called her, but she didn't answer...guess i'll email her.
Every time I think people couldn't be worse :smack

AmberLops

Herd Master
Reaction score
She basically wrote you a bad check so you can take her to small claim court! Make sure to save all the emails from her starting with her wanting to buy the rabbits until the ones she threatened you.

I like Bay's idea!
I would love to take her to small claims court...I just don't think this lady is worth all that stress...:idunno