B&B Happy Goats....journal

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
The Dogs would get away with a lot more if you couldn’t see to catch them, LOL How are the pigs? Growing into sausage, bacon and pork chops?

Pigs are growing fine lol, just not as fast as I would like them too, pork chop, pork chop and more pork chops :drool.....

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Berkshire / Hampshire cross...if I remember correctly :idunno
Then they should be growing. Do you keep feed in front of them or feed them once or twice a day? Free feed them for optimum weight gain. If they need worming, buy a tube of ivermectrin apple flavored horse wormer. Pigs can smell it and love it. I cut the crust off a piece of bread, put the wormer on one side, fold it over and mash the sides together. I call it worm bread pillows. LOL I just toss one to each pig.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Then they should be growing. Do you keep feed in front of them or feed them once or twice a day? Free feed them for optimum weight gain. If they need worming, buy a tube of ivermectrin apple flavored horse wormer. Pigs can smell it and love it. I cut the crust off a piece of bread, put the wormer on one side, fold it over and mash the sides together. I call it worm bread pillows. LOL I just toss one to each pig.
They are growing for sure, just not as fast as I want them in my freezer :drool

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
just trying to get caught up so I can have my left eye taken care of, after all...I do need to see :frow :love;)

Please forgive me, Miss B&B Happy goats, for not remembering the exact details, so would you kindly refresh my memory -- what kind of medical treatment are you needing for your eye? And when do you think you will be able to receive it? I wish there were some way I could help you and Leon. You two have been through a rough time for the past year or so... :hugs

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
Please forgive me, Miss B&B Happy goats, for not remembering the exact details, so would you kindly refresh my memory -- what kind of medical treatment are you needing for your eye? And when do you think you will be able to receive it? I wish there were some way I could help you and Leon. You two have been through a rough time for the past year or so... :hugs
Going to start with the cataracts on the left eye and pray it doesn't follow the same route that my right eye did, definitely don't want another macular tear again...my vision in the right has waves of distortion, so I don't see well with that eye now.

Last edited:

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
You should be able to get them to decent size in 6-8 weeks.... but you have to keep the feed in front of them. Mine never look big enough until one day they are "OMG " they are too big!!!!!

I'm pounding the feed to the porkers now Jan, they sleep all day and party all night, but they are fun to look at and watch playing with the dogs, lol...

Latest posts