Baby Nigerian goats! :-)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Congrats Totes! So glad that you're getting some healing done straight away! Nothing will make you feel better than having goats to hug on. I'm sure when you're done, that enclosure will be as strong as Fort Knox... Just without the army battalions and tanks corps surrounding it ;) I hope you can share some pics of the new "kids" when you have them.

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
So glad you are getting some more goatie kids! :woot:hugs :love :celebrate

With the wire, is this temporary or permanent? If its temporary or you are going to be moving it all the time go with the polywire, my second choice would be polytape. The wire it easier to roll up then the tape but you get better visibility with the tape. If this is a one time deal and you are putting it on the hard fencing I'd go with the normal wire. It delivers a better shock then the polywire and tape. If you are close to a road the tape would be a better choice.

Keep in mind the polywire & tape break down pretty quickly. Every few years they will need to be replaced, the normal wire on the other hand will last you a long long time.

Hope this helps :) This is just my personal experience. I think I'll always have the 3 different types, it just depends on the environment.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
:pop Hoping that you're alright there Totes. :hugs Hoping for an update soon with some pics of new 4 legged family friends!

totesmcgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Guys! They are here! We have a doe and her doeling, Brownie and Starfire. Brownie is probably pregnant so hopefully we will have some kids to love on this spring! I'm so happy!!!!
image.jpeg

Latest posts