Baby Nigerian goats! :-)

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Welcome back Totes! :weee Have to confess... been a bit worried about you since you've been "away" for a while... Soooo glad to see you back... especially with pics of a couple of new LOVERLIES! They look great!:celebrate I also notice a nice hot wire at the bottom of the enclosure fence! Excellent! Glad you're back. Hope you have some kids in your immediate future from Brownie! Looking forward to future updates! Thanks for sharing!:hugs

Goat Whisperer

Herd Master
Reaction score
Congrats! They are stinkin' cute! :loveThanks for sharing! I hope you keep giving us updates on the little angels. :love

Looks like the momma doe was bred back pretty soon after kidding. As she gets farther along you may want to consider feeding her some alfalfa to give her some extra nutrition.

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
What absolute beauties!:celebrate So happy to hear from you.:hugs A couple of lovely goatie girls will assure you a VERY Merry Christmas.:thumbsup We all still hold you and your family close in our hearts, and continue to prayer for your healing, and these little ladies are certainly a big leap in the right direction. Do try to let us hear from you whenever possible. Lots of holiday love to ALL...:love:love:love

totesmcgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
These goats are so sweet! They are super friendly and loving. It's been so cathartic to walk out every morning and see them there. You all have been wonderful - its been so hopeful to have your advice and condolences and happiness. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! I will post more pictures soon!

sadieml

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
It's sooo lovely to hear from you. I'm very happy for you that your new girls are so affectionate, that's a wonderful healer - goatie lovin'. Kimmy is still enthralled every time the boys love on her. She always comments on how soft their lips are. I told my sister it's like "butterfly kisses". Wishing you continued healing and God's greatest blessings in the new year...:love

ps - If you haven't seen the "singing goats" video that @Mini Horses posted, check it out! It's VERY uplifting.:plbb

totesmcgoats

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Meet our newest little girl. Her name is Pepsi, but my son is adamant that her name shall be Bettie. She's a sweet little addition to our herd. She follows me around all day, and cries for me when I have to leave the barn. I love this!

She's still learning to trust me on the milking stand, so if anyone has any tips, I'd love to hear them!

Attachments

• IMG_0602.JPG
    IMG_0602.JPG
    323.5 KB · Views: 119

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Awwww she's a beauty! Grats on your newest herd member! Can't help you on the stanchion issue. I'm sure others will have all kinds of suggestions! How are your other gals doing? Hope all is well.

Last edited:

luvmypets

Herd Master
Reaction score
I just read through this thread, I am soo happy for you that you have some new goaties! And what cuties! As the others said, sometimes you just need animals to love on :hugs

BlessedWithGoats

Herd Master
Reaction score
:hugsAww, congratulations!! :hugs She's cute!
When I first started milking my girls, they weren't to happy about it... they would jump/move around some. I had them tied on a leash (I don't have a headgate on the stanchion), and then used the goat hobbles for their back feet. They also get some grain while being milked usually. After a couple days or so, they settled down, and usually behaved quite well! :)
I think Pepsi/Bettie will settle down and stand nicely for you too!