Baymule’s 4th Lambing

Ridgetop

Herd Master
Reaction score
Make sure you have emergency lighting in the barn before the rain hits, because we all know that when you need it most the electricity will go out, you can't find the flashlights and the batteries are all really weak! The lambing box is hidden behind the hay that just got delivered and the halter you need to tie that ewe to the fence so you can work on her behind parts is missing!

Nah! We know you are super organized and ready for anything, Bay! Take a thermos of hot coffee to the barn though! Waiting on pix.

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Yeah... we're all like :caf tired.jpg:pop Even Bay ;)

bethh

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Today is Pearl Harbor Day--and my brother's birthday. I miss him and really want lambs today!

It's raining.
It's cold.
It's nasty weather.
I'm sick and feel like crap.
Went down the checklist......that's when they have babies, right?
The day isn’t over yet. Hope they come today. Hope you feel better. Hugs from GA.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Haha I just suited up and went out in the drizzly rain to check on her. She's still fat. This morning I didn't see her so I walked to the round bale, she was on the other side. I called out Miranda! I swear, she pulled her head out of the hay bale and looked right at me! None of the other ewes even gave me a glance! I talked to her and she kept staring at me. Maybe she really was listening and will have her lambs today/tonight. LOL

Devonviolet

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m sorry to hear you are not feeling well. I haven’t been able to get on BYH for several days, and was expecting to get on here and see that the lambs were born. But am disappointed to see that Miranda is biding her time! Although we both know that God’s timing is perfect. :D

Well, Craig has gone to Jersey Girls, to get me some milk, so I can make my Quinoa Custard. I’m off to take a shower, and when I get dressed I’m going to make us some Cracklin’ Jalapeno Cornbread, with the cracklin’s from that awesome pig fat we rendered.

A five pound chunk of fat gives me 1/2 gallon plus a pint of amazing lard AND a little less than 2 cups of cracklins. :drool I put it in 1 cup sandwich bags in the freezer, for future use. :D :DOne of these days, I’m going to make a meat pie, using the lard for the crust. YUM! :drool

Latest posts