Baymule’s Journal

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sentry wouldn't eat Wednesday night. It was obvious he didn't feel good. I couldn't do anything yesterday morning, so had to wait to see how he was doing when I got home. He still didn't feel good, so trip to the vet. No clear diagnosis. He is anemic, has blood markers that suggest a blood borne tick disease or maybe it's lymphoma (cancer).
*HUGS* Hopefully, it's something minor that antibiotics will knock down. Can you make or buy him bone broth? It's supposed to be really good for anemia and would be easy to get down.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sentry is in the hospital. I took him out to pee a third time and it was blood red. I called the vet and they said bring him in. They analyzed the urine sample and said his bilirubin levels were high, that points to liver and/or bile. They were going to run more tests. The good news is, he doesn't have cancer. The bad news is, he is having a toxic reaction to something and we don't know what. I talked to Bennet and Peggy, they didn't use poisons or anything in that field. He was in a field with sheep and Sheba. The vets were going to put and IV in him, flush his system with plenty of fluids and hopefully flush out whatever is making him so sick. At this point, we just don't know. He stands a chance. A very small one, but he stands a chance. As long as there is a chance, I have to give it to him.
Y'all pray for Sentry.

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sentry is in the hospital. I took him out to pee a third time and it was blood red. I called the vet and they said bring him in. They analyzed the urine sample and said his bilirubin levels were high, that points to liver and/or bile. They were going to run more tests. The good news is, he doesn't have cancer. The bad news is, he is having a toxic reaction to something and we don't know what. I talked to Bennet and Peggy, they didn't use poisons or anything in that field. He was in a field with sheep and Sheba. The vets were going to put and IV in him, flush his system with plenty of fluids and hopefully flush out whatever is making him so sick. At this point, we just don't know. He stands a chance. A very small one, but he stands a chance. As long as there is a chance, I have to give it to him.
Y'all pray for Sentry.
I am beyond sad to hear of Sentry's issues. I will join with the others in praying for healing and full recovery. I am so very sorry that you are dealing with this. I want to know what his issues are too, very strange for him to suddenly have these problems, must be an underlying issues. Praying right now!!!!!!

Latest posts