Baymule’s Journal

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
My step counter on my cell phone has started telling me how many calories I burn daily.

“Active energy includes walking slowly, pushing my wheelchair, and household chores , as well as dancing and biking.

PUSHING MY WHEELCHAIR??

WALKING SLOWLY??

DANCING? BIKING?

I guess I get out of my wheelchair to go dancing and biking.

Thefarmofdreams

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Covid only lasted a few days. It was like a head cold, not bad at all. But it was enough for me to cancel all Thanksgiving plans. I’m fine, I felt fine on Thanksgiving but the test showed I still tested positive.
I'm glad it was mild! We've had it through our place 3 times now. Despite trying our darndest to stay safe, hubby keeps getting exposed at work. The first 2 were BRUTAL but the 3rd was just a nasty cold for a weekend.

Your closet is looking awesome! Yay for refound energy. I feel you on losing steam on things sometimes (not me glaring at that stupid water tank.... :lol: )

Hideaway Pines

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
I am so sorry you spent the holiday alone, that is never fun. But thankful it was a mild case and you are feeling better. You always amaze me what how you push through so many obstacles, tough lady you are!! Praying you are back to 100% soon.

We decided to bred our two Lamancha's - found a wonderful Dwarf Nigerian Buck that we brought home to the girls, they were both thrilled with the new addition. A few days after we got him Stormy went into heat, they were fun to watch and Stormy now grooms him and wants to be his shadow. So far Daisy Mae has not gone into heat, but we are expecting babies late April 28th or there abouts, my first time:eek: praying it all goes well. Funny thing though, we named him Ringo - I totally forgot you had a buck named Ringo - hope he lives up to your guys standards.:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am so sorry you spent the holiday alone, that is never fun. But thankful it was a mild case and you are feeling better. You always amaze me what how you push through so many obstacles, tough lady you are!! Praying you are back to 100% soon.

We decided to bred our two Lamancha's - found a wonderful Dwarf Nigerian Buck that we brought home to the girls, they were both thrilled with the new addition. A few days after we got him Stormy went into heat, they were fun to watch and Stormy now grooms him and wants to be his shadow. So far Daisy Mae has not gone into heat, but we are expecting babies late April 28th or there abouts, my first time:eek: praying it all goes well. Funny thing though, we named him Ringo - I totally forgot you had a buck named Ringo - hope he lives up to your guys standards.:)
Thank you, I’m back! I even was up and down a ladder Saturday, first time since knee surgery.
Congratulations on the new buck, I’ll tell my Ringo that has a namesake and he’d better be a good role model! LOL And y’all will have babies! That’s so exciting! We expect pictures! Lots of pictures!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Guys came back yesterday and got first load of wood. They loaded up a cord, figure there’s another maybe 2 cords on the ground. Face cord or full cord? I don’t know, but that was one ancient monster tree.

One cut rounds off the butt end to make end tables with. Turns out he and his wife make all kinds of custom stuff.

I’ve made them a deal to clean a short span of fence row, maybe 300’ in exchange for 20 pine trees that have to come down. The craft guy is keeping all the rusty barn wire to make stuff with. They killed a copperhead while chainsawing through the brush. He was happy to have it, he makes beautiful things out of the snakeskins too.

He offered me a drill stem pipe gate entry for $400, installed. I’m thinking I’ll take that deal. I have a few stalks of drill stem myself plus some 3 1/2” or maybe 4” heavy wall pipe too. He offered to weld up some corner braces for me. Set ‘em deep, concrete them in and they will last longer than I do.

They are going to pile everything up so I can burn it. I get that monster downed dead tree gone, the pines in the fence row cut and gone, the fence row all cleaned up ready for new fence, all the rotten posts and old wire gone and it ain’t costing me a thing. They get to sell the firewood, get oak rounds for tables, old barbed wire for crafts, some pine timber to sell, and even a copperhead. We are all happy!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
This is the fence row they are cleaning in exchange for the pine trees and I’m tossing in the rusty barb wire and a bonus copperhead.

5C2E007B-DA6F-48BF-9935-822F2E4ABE71.jpeg

7A6FAA34-8202-4599-A6C6-26F267A9C8D6.jpeg

F72683A9-99FA-48EC-B89C-8530B5A1F921.jpeg

Latest posts