Baymule’s Journal

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
It does! Going out with them and just standing and watching I learn SO MUCH, but it is so peaceful. It is a God's moment in time. ♥️
I am blest to be able to do it. I'm glad you had a chance to sit and be part of the peace. ♥️:D =D and before I got to where you had a name for the ewe lamb I was thinking the name will come to you at the right time, then I thought of "Bounce". But Aerial is much more sweet and feminine 😍

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’ve had several full busy weeks. When I got back from Disney vacation, my horse Reina, had an infection in her eye. A green cloud in her eye, swollen all around. Vet said to put eye drops in her eye 3-4 times a day, but 6 would be better. Then a different eye drop before dark. She was in danger of losing her eye. That scared me to death.

So every 2 hours, Reina got eye drops. It stormed. It rained, it got cold. It rained some more. Noah’s Ark floated by. But I was outside giving her those eye drops. I was supposed to take her back on a Monday, a week later for a check up, but couldn’t get to the trailer for all the mud. A friend with 4 wheel drive pulled it out for me. So it was Saturday for her check up. Vet was all smiles, she really thought Reina was going to lose her eye. Her eye was all healed up, no infection, no cloud in her eye and she can see. It was worth every cold, wet, soggy, muddy day.

Now I’m sick. Of course. The crud I had for weeks at Christmas is back. Or maybe it watched the weather and never left, it hung around knowing I will get wet and cold. Perfect for bad germs to invade.

Called doctor. I could get an appointment in March. So I asked for a drive by parking lot back door appointment or just Call something in. I got an appointment for today, 11:00 this morning, yep! Back parking lot, don’t come in, call us when you get there.

Nurse came out on a Hazmat suit to check me for Covid and flu. Or maybe she ran out of boogers and needed to pick somebody else’s nose. I dunno.

PA came out, standing 10 feet from car window. “You don’t have Covid or the flu’
REALLY? I ALREADY KNEW THAT! They sent prescriptions to drug store, same stuff as last time.

Went to TSC for horse feed. Went to Walmart for stuff. Went to drugstore, got prescriptions. Home now. It was hot this morning, it’s cold now. Threatening rain is on the horizon. Oh YAY! More rain and mud! It’s too early to feed animals. Buuuuttt….. maybe I should, so I can maybe not get drenched with cold rain. Yeah.

PA said go home and get some rest. I laughed at him and told him I’m a farmer. Play in the rain and mud is what I do.

Sigh…. Gonna change clothes and skeedaddle outside.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe get some of the fishing waders that go up to your chest and a raincoat? Stay as dry and warm as you can.
SERIOUSLY!!!! During hurricanes & snow/sleet storms I drag out hubby's old hazmat gear. It's HUGE and HEAVY but it's warm & waterproof.
It's one thing to make a quick trip out in sideways rain to toss feed & run back. But a whole 'nother thing to spend an hour or there...
Try to stay warm @Baymule

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe I won’t have to go out 6-7 times a day for 2 weeks, again—in the pouring rain and cold.

Started o the Z-pack this morning, started amoxicillin yesterday . Only thing about a drive by parking lot appointment, is no shot. A shot really jump starts the recovery, but no shot in a parking lot. If they would give me one, I’d drop my drawers and moon the whole durned town, I wouldn’t care!

Latest posts