Bee's trying to lose a whole person thread....

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not well at all...I'm in a slump and have gained back some weight. Right now I'm a little under the weather, so I'm not too active.

No worries...another day dawns tomorrow! :)

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Not well at all...I'm in a slump and have gained back some weight. Right now I'm a little under the weather, so I'm not too active.

:hugs very true

kstaven

Purple Cow/Moderator
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
Beekissed said:

With any weight loss attempt the body metabolism will shift and you will experience ups and downs inclusive of upward weight shifts because your bodies norm is shifting and your system gets more efficient at using food and/or slows you down to better store resources. It is a genetic survival mechanism that kicks in at some point for most.

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are right...and my body has that survival mechanism in spades! I once stayed with my mother for a couple of months between jobs and ate what she and Dad ate~pure raw vegan~exercised when they did....and didn't lose a pound. My mother was amazed and said she had always thought I was overeating when they were not around but when she got to see everything that didn't go in my mouth and the results of it, she changed her way of thinking. She now knows that I burn fuel efficiently, no matter how much or how little I've added to the furnace. She and Dad, on the other hand, are tiny, skinny people who gain quickly if they vary from their diet and exercise routine.

When it comes down to it, everyone metabolizes differently and some have a metabolism that adjusts easily to decrease in fuel and increase in activity by burning more efficiently. For those of us who have this, it takes a long time to see real results after a change in diet and lifestyle.

I watched a few of those shows done over in the UK where they were showing everything these people ate in one week and then showed them how to stop eating it. I marveled at the huge amounts of sugary and fatty foods these people ate and how big they were NOT from eating all that junk! If I had eaten even 1/4 of their regular diets I wouldn't be able to walk across the room or even get off the couch!

I carry my weight well, have a pretty solid muscle base under it and I burn slow and steady. Drastic changes do nothing to me...only long term, steady changes effect my metabolism and it takes awhile for them to settle in and start showing in my weight loss.

I don't stress over it but it does get me a little down when I plateau after having a stretch of steady progress~that's the impatient woman in me. :D

autumnprairie

Owned by the Rotten Heifers
Reaction score
:hugs I start gaining weight when I start eating a lot of carbs and not a balanced meal, I grew up eating baked meat (chicken, pork or beef) potatoes and a veggie everynight. I was tiny I found that when I go back to what is healthy for me even if I eat out as long as I eat this way 3 times a week I will lose weight as long as my serving size isn't outrageous.
um, green tea may help it cleans to body.
Whatever works right. WE WILL ALL GET THERE!!!!!!!!
SUPPORT being a big help

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
I do appreciate the support! That's something I've never had and it is very nice. :hugs

Beekissed

Herd Master
Reaction score
Back on track on the weight loss and all is well. Hope everyone is progressing well on their goals.....spring is just around the corner when you feel more energy and more cheer! :weee