Blamo'sBestBuddy--- My chickens and my fish!

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score

Blamo'sBestBuddy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
More pics:
DSCN1799.jpg
DSCN9790.jpg
DSCN7821.jpg

This last one is Blamo, LOl!

(These pictures are all mixed up. I mean, the ages of the chickens are mixed up.)

Blamo'sBestBuddy

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Update:
Yesterday, I re-filled and cleaned the nesting boxes because they > (my chickens) have been so busy in them lately. Yesterday I got 5 eggs! I love when I get eggs from the beautiful girls! They are just, so, so nice....well, I can't really explain it to you. :\ But, I know what I mean myself! :celebrate

All my girls are doing well. When I built the coop and run, I made it as predator proof as I could. I did not want ANY attacks. Although, lots of hawks and eagles were hanging around the first few weeks I had them out there. But, just a few days ago, a BIG eagle was perching in a tree almost right above them! :ep Luckily, I planned ahead and have chicken netting over the top of the run. Few!

I used to have a raccoon come to my bird suet feeder. So after I took that away from him, he went to my chicken feed bucket! (Witch I keep outside near the coop.) And the lid only was 'perched' on top of the bucket! Well, that raccoon had a feast that night. He ate almost all the feed I had in the bucket. He also wasted some on the ground! That was a lesson learned to me. :mad: So, later that day, (It was in the morning when I first saw it), I cleaned the bucket, picked up the food, re-filled it, and this time, PUT A SCREW LID ON IT! I screwed it on really tight that night, and the next morning: There were raccoon paw prints all over the bucket, bit it could not get in!