BoboFarm's Journal

BoboFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
We don't even have the sage cleared to build our coop. DH would most certainly have a fit if I got chicks. I've been tempted though :D

A coworker got chicks several weeks ago. She said she'd give me any roos because she's in the city and can't have them at her place. I agreed when she got them. She just came to me and said she's pretty sure at least one is. Where am I going to put a rooster...? :hu

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
In the coop you are going to build!!! Actually, since you live were it is relatively warm this time of year, I bet you could just put up a Q&D dog run and dog house.

BoboFarm

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
HA! The coop won't be built until we can get the darned dirt work guy out. We're on his "list" but with so much new construction in town the work that we need done isn't worth their time.

We have two 10'x10' dog kennels. My initial plan was to put one up and put a large dog crate inside for shelter. We have a feeder and water container. I just need to figure out some shade and hope no critters have him for dinner before we do.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been cheating. I only did that for the first batch of chicks. Ever since then the coop has been ready and so has the brooder area and the MHP cave. I'm so ashamed. :oops:

You SHOULD be ashamed!!! What in the world is wrong with you?

A coworker got chicks several weeks ago. She said she'd give me any roos because she's in the city and can't have them at her place. I agreed when she got them. She just came to me and said she's pretty sure at least one is. Where am I going to put a rooster...? :hu

In a stew pot! :drool