Bossroo

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Bunnylady has a good point regarding the ventilation issue in a metal building. Another point is " indoor rain" when you have a metal roof ( even just a roof without any walls as seen in a "mare motel" ) and when moisture condensation occurs ( from moisture in the air or from moisture from animals' breathing, urinating ) on the underside of the metal roof then when the drops get too large it starts to fall as if it was rain.

minibackyardfarmer

Exploring the pasture
Reaction score
I'm only 5'3" so aside from water and food help (thats all the kids would help with) the rest would be up to me and the hubby. We had 24x24 pens for the minilops as kids (and into the middle of highschool i stopped growing at like 8th grade lol) and I didn't have trouble. I don't know if an extra 6 inches would make a difference or not.

everyone gave some great food for thought for us to think up some options.

DutchBunny03

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
A 40"x40" cage may be hard to find, but it is neccessary for at least the breeding does. Perhaps bucks and does without litters could live in a 30"x30" hutch(though it would be pretty cramped), does with litters cannot. You can attach to peices of wire together with j or c clips, or use a wooden frame, if the wire sheet isn't big enough.