Bruce's Journal

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
AND you never want to leave the island. Probably keeps the population from increasing due to immigration from other provinces/territories. AND ... they just replaced the Champlain Bridge going into Montreal, cost $4.2B (of course that is ONLY about $3.2B US :th) and it is FREE for everyone. It is a lot shorter bridge (2 miles) so less annual maintenance cost. I don't know what the reason is for no charge, maybe the traffic jams 160,000 vehicles crossing per day would cause. It is already bad even with no tool booths, they got rid of those on the old bridge in 1990.

Also, you are wrong about lunch time. I'm retired, lunch time is whenever I feel like eating lunch in the general 11 AM to 1 PM timeframe ;)

RollingAcres

Herd Master
Reaction score
AND you never want to leave the island
So you better raise your own food or eat only things that you can buy or grow on the island. Everything else would have to be mail ordered!

Also, you are wrong about lunch time. I'm retired, lunch time is whenever I feel like eating lunch in the general 11 AM to 1 PM timeframe ;)
:plbb:D

Senile_Texas_Aggie

Herd Master
Reaction score
So I am guessing you went to Prince Edward Island for a vacation/tour? Your daughter is not attending college there, is she? I was thinking it was another town closer to Vermont.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well Sackville New Brunswick IS closer to Vermont than PEI is but only by 2 hours. It is a 12 hour two day drive for us to get to Sackville. If you stay on the Trans Canada highway and don't get off in Sackville, the next town is in Nova Scotia. If you turn left before you hit Nova Scotia, you end up at the bridge to PEI.

Yes, DW and I spent 3.5 days in PEI after dropping DD at school on Sunday the 1st.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I was going to post that I hadn't seen the chuck for awhile, maybe he moved on. Then I thought I heard something run under stored wood beams in front of the barn so I put the trap out where I had seen it before. 2 days later and no furry thing in the trap but then I saw it yesterday afternoon about 10' from the trap so I moved it to that location. Nothing this morning, I figured it wasn't interested in the sweet feed so I was going to think of something else.

But as I was moving cordwood from the front walk onto the porch I heard the door trip. Yipee!! Young chuck in the trap and it was 4 PM, no one home but the animals and me.
I don't feel quite as bad about shooting this little guy because like the first chuck I shot in the trap a few years ago (a big momma) this was a one and done event. Most of the others have taken 3-5 and they had to have suffered some which is not my goal. Young master woodchuck took a one way trip to the woods at the edge of the field. If there is a hungry fox out there, it can have tender woodchuck instead of going after my chickens.

Latest posts