C&D Farming..oh what a life!

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, we had C&DFarming shirts made yesterday...and I found out that the party is casual..so Chris can wear one of those! We even had one made to stick on animals!❤️ Ruby, our bulldog was the first to wear one...man she filled it out! Today I’m getting two chocolate mini rex does and a lilac too❤️ Very excited then I just have two more coming in about 2 weeks? Then, I’ll be done for awhile? But I am in search of a true Holland dwarf buck..I have a true Holland dwarf doe..she’s 10 weeks and weighs 10.55 ounces ! I have 4 bucks..yes, the6 are small..but, not near small enough.

so. MY goats are getting really big now! I already have a waiting list!❤️ So, I might not have to keep them the whole 8 weeks unless the6 are bucklings?

had more chicks hatch yesterday..just 2...came out of no where..once again...ugh. We can sex them now....so, that’s good.

what you can’t see as Ben is holding Pete...Pete is tinkl on Ben!🤣🤣🤣🤣
1B978438-AD37-478F-A6A5-2F980D6F8414.jpeg
AD4FAD1E-9C5A-4BE2-8F45-57599DD03FFB.jpeg
4AACA5BA-BB9F-486D-B949-05E964E7E25E.jpeg
7E8F03A3-083F-4334-963C-C710BF4BA257.jpeg
EE3CE5ED-F253-45E9-AAEF-1761E76FA22F.jpeg
9E9188CF-C961-4A6F-A1B4-8DA5BE3EBF3B.jpeg
24E7B163-FC17-4E74-A331-9748102F2D2F.jpeg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
So, this happened yesterday, while we were out...ugh...I was very upset....I’ll still be upset years from now..but enough of that..here is our latest addition! For now I’m calling him, yes..HIM...HMMMMMM, and yes...only ONE...HMMMMM..but they are both very healthy and that’s what is is key. But Brandy was huge! So we were pretty shocked! But still very excited and proud to see a new little guy!
ACE14AC9-1683-4E8E-9FBB-5BBDB3F73A2C.jpeg
1BC1F687-BB3D-456B-A22F-6D8C7ACB9A60.jpeg
2279EE88-E522-4746-8367-9008B0D4AC98.jpeg
E1BFDF49-E79B-4499-8B33-8898E54E3BD5.jpeg
EEDC049B-F3E8-46F5-B3AC-38F407BD2FED.jpeg
DE0F17C6-67EF-4C0C-A6CA-1F9D7C880827.jpeg
828E9A87-0810-4E6E-A1A9-1CB55AE90155.jpeg
4B91A1E2-D495-4EB8-91C5-2F21A8BECDFB.jpeg
6C77282A-2214-40AC-ADC0-566239AC0A2C.jpeg
D999C6A5-F537-40D5-A6EF-0E1034AC8DFE.jpeg

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now just waiting for Honey....she’s been cranky since we dehorned her...Imagine that?? Ugh, poor girl!! But the last few days she’s back to her old affectionate self, which is a great sign!🤣❤️🙏. I have an appointment tomorrow...I wan5 to cancel, but it’s for my Oral surgery....really can’t...I’m pretty worried....imagine that?🤣😩.

so heres some disgusting info...if your tummys turn easily..don’t read.....our three tiniest min8 pigs and the boar ar3 now in with the cows, to breed them separately.....well, those stupid pigs...eat the cow poop! It’s soooo gross! Chris thinks it’s great because then he doesn’t have to shovel much cow poop? Soooo gross, they lift their faces...full of poop! Ugh...I used to think these little piggies were sooo tiny...well, now they are growing grow eating the grain? Inside the cow poop?? Ugh...

the rabbits are doing good. I’m getting out of lionheads..totally. After this week I’ll just have one little buck left to sell, he’ll take a bit, because he’s not great. To be honest, they don’t sell great here, the hair drives me crazy..too much maintenance..and they are kind of fragile....which...is hard enough when it comes to rabbits!

im adding French Lops..which I’ve wanted for awhile, but couldn’t get anywhere around here...and we couldn’t drive that far. Which is part of the reason I wanted them. People were posting looking for them, but no one had them.... So I get them this week! Very excited! We’re going on Friday to buy 34-54 stacking hutches from the Fairground, depending on sizes. They give great deals..,and they have unlimited....good thing I know a guy with big trucks..lol

sooooo, even though I’ve made it kind of clear that we are A closed Rabbitry, and not allowing “farm tours”..and that Chris and I work hands on...I’m STILL GETTING BUGGED...about bringing kids out!! I was super nice to this one lady, I actually went through the whole “bio security “ thing, etc....she’s sort of a neighbor. She seemed to understand...she said if we needed help from the library..guess she works there, etc... Well, the following week she asked about coming out!! I didn’t respond, then I hurried up, and got things done, etc....told her they could come...then she said they changed their minds!! Ugh!!

fast forward...now she texted me and said they wan5 to come on Labor Day weekend...it’s my nephews engagement party...PERIOD! I explained that to her, that we’ll be busy, etc..please don’t tell her grandkids the6 can come, etc. what does she do...she puts on FB...that they can’t wait to visit!! What?? So now other people probably think that they can visit too?? She just texted...that’s why I’m ranting..sorry...lol...but I asked her..politely, to not put on FB about visiting....ugh!!

i also got a job application in the mail....huh?? I’m not hiring!! Guess they just got a general one? Sent it to me? Also had this annoying kid, who texts me alll the time, and I should block him, but I feel bad...he asked if id hire him too. He’s I guess maybe 20?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, the following week she asked about coming out!! I didn’t respond, then I hurried up, and got things done, etc....told her they could come
:barnie No, no, no, no, no DON'T EVER SAY YES!!!!!!!!! In this case as a woman you do NOT have the prerogative to change your mind (we won't let you ;) )

By changing your mind you've just given her permission to come. Now or some time in the future but she got a yes.
Listen to @B&B Happy goats !!!! No, No, NO, NOOOOOOOOO

who texts me alll the time, and I should block him, but I feel bad...he asked if id hire him too.
Block him. One request and a polite denial that you have no jobs to offer is enough. He shouldn't be repeatedly texting asking for a job.

Duckfarmerpa1

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you all for your ‘sage’(?) 🤣 advice....yes, you are alll very right. I need to grow a backbone and just tell people that we are not a reality show? I mean..the FB page is really just to sell stuff, so yes, I make cute posts, and make it a bit personlized, but, not...inviting people into our lives....ugh... @rachels.haven ..maybe I’ll cough with my mask under my chin? Whoa....that would really get people to leave us alone? Nahhh...here people don’t seem to care? We go to the store, workers don’t wear masks, but we do. Chris is finally going to the races with his team...he’s in the pits..not many guys, but the stands are full, no one wears a mask...

enough of that

today we had a huge adventure...we went to the fair grounds and bought 48 stacking hutches for rabbits and 60 crocks...great deal! Plus I bought three more Holland lops, from my dear friend who is moving to Louisiana, and she has taught me sooo much about “show quality “ and how to show rabbits. Chris of course thinks I’m nuts. But he doesn’t care as long as he doesn’t have to go to one of these shows...🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣.
so anyways now we’ve got all these new crates, and, unfortunately, we might have to rip out the hutches he built into the barn?? I hate that idea!! I told him no way. I said I’d buy another semi trailer..he said no to that idea. So, we have to figure it out. We were only going to buy 34...but we couldn’t resist. The rabbits are a nice little side business just for me. I really enjoy it. I have rabbit friends...yep, those same people that I called crazy..well, not those ones..🤣🤣🤣...I talked to this one breeder the other day. She tried to get me to buy a buck from her for $960.....yes, you read that right. Yes, I know they can be that expensive...but, I don’t one of those...yet?🤣🤣🤣. I’d rather get 5 for that!
Honey still hasn’t delivered her kids...guess I got the date wrong? But I saw her with Ferdinand...but I guess it didn’t take that day.??