Can I brag?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
You could convert a refrigerator into a cooler to hang your meat. I'm guessing that you do one at a time.

mystang89

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
A small table saw my friend has. It's so quick and easy we may have to look into getting one ourselves.

Do you know whether the teeth were for wood or metal? I assume metal since they would be closer together.

My dad have me his old bandsaw but it probably won't work because of the oil/blood/grease from the sheep that would get on the wheels the blade spins around making it slip off.

What does aging the meat do?

lilipansy

Ridin' The Range
Reaction score
Do you know whether the teeth were for wood or metal? I assume metal since they would be closer together.

My dad have me his old bandsaw but it probably won't work because of the oil/blood/grease from the sheep that would get on the wheels the blade spins around making it slip off.

What does aging the meat do?

I didn't pay attention to the teeth. I can ask my friend if you'd like. After a couple of days hanging the carcass was dried and there was no blood so the bandsaw didn't seem affected.

A quick (couple of days) hanging stretches the muscles until rigor mortis is gone. I've heard someone say that it's really not needed with lambs. However, it does dry the meat giving it a deeper more complex flavor. If you ever made bacon you know what I'm talking about.

MtViking

Loving the herd life
Reaction score
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is that? A sheep or a goat. Or is it a lamb. I figured lambs were smaller but I’m not a farmer quite yet.