Canesisters 2023 journal - turning my Disasters into Delights

SageHill

Herd Master
Reaction score
And ..... barns are so EASY to fill with STUFF. :lol: DH keeps wanting to keep stuff in the barn and I keep saying NOOO! So far he only as a few things there. o_O 🤷‍♀️

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Aren't they though!!!!!
I'm not done with this one yet but I'm determined to never let it get like that again. I'm looking forward to getting every little thing tucked into its new home. 🤗🤗

There are still several major projects to get to - first one is managing the gutter leaks/overflow/flooding. I've got one of those big cube fluid storage containers, an industrial discharge hose & 8' of that black courigated drain pipe. I want to figure out some type of filter to kick out the leaves/pine tags before they enter the tank...

Margali

Herd Master
Reaction score
Making a witches hat / pilgrim hat strainer is easy. Take the large ~6" lid off center of tote and cut out a hole leaving a rim. Use a piece of ~1/2" wire mesh formed over something cylindrical to fit in. Secure wire onto lid so it doesn't fall in. Use a little bit of flexible downspout at end of run so you can unscrew filter to clean.

pilgrimhat.jpg

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Today was supposed to have been the start of my next barn project : rain collection/diversion to dry up the muddy areas some.
Got home in plenty of time. The plan was to move the big heavy ladder into the paddock & clean the gutter. Possibly hit the seams between sections with flex seal. IF things went really well, cut off the down spout & attach a length of black drain pipe.
Well.... as things around here so often do.... IT DID NOT GO TO PLAN.
I - LITTERALLY - had not gotten the ladder out of the barn door before everything went sideways... or too far!
The barn door... which always drags, for some reason slid open like it was greased... and right off the end of the track.
20230209_163956.jpg

20230209_171814.jpg

3hrs, 2 jacks, a dozen trips up & down the ladder, door fell off the jack 2x, started over.. again, a mad cry, some stomping & 1 jack handle thrown & retrieved... and all I got accomplished tonight was getting the door back on track. And re-spraining my wrist.
The forecast was for rain Fri, Sat & Sun. But now they're saying just Sunday, so MAYBE I can still get this done in time to test it with the next rain.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I’m laughing. Things go wrong, meltdown, why is that sort of stuff so funny to somebody else? Only because I’ve done similar things.
Things go wrong. You fixed it. Give yourself a big loud GO GIRL, I FREAKING DID IT!!

Heck yeah!

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
While on the ladder, install a stop on that door! 😱. Glad you got it back on.
Remember that lumber I needed to store neatly? Well there was a chunk of 2x6 that was angled to a sharp point on each end (probably a cross brace for something long ago) that is now an 8" high stob for the door to run into. :highfive: That'll do for now.

canesisters

Herd Master
Reaction score
Maybe not as planned - but getting the door back up IS a big deal. And you've got a better forecast too.
Keep on keepin' on!
PS - a little arnica gel on the wrist will do wonders.
Solonpas patch under the brace.... Giving me warm fuzzy feelings & chills all day!! :lol:

Latest posts