Carla D-Great new adventures and an Amazing Life

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
My daughter would be an explosive grenade every time we went to the farm and work with them if I don’t let her in to help. I have to let her help me otherwise she’s throwing a tantrum about not going in there, she’s cold, she’s hungry, she wants to go home, you name it.
Sounds like she is 'throwing a tantrum' out of boredom'.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like she is 'throwing a tantrum' out of boredom'.
She’s always been a helper as long as she’s been able to. She has wanted to be where the action is since birth. Which could be a direct result of the nonstop attention she received during her three week hospital stay when she was born.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Now you got it...stick with that plan, when we did / do our animals....i do several at a time so i don't think about who is at dinner....in the current world that we live in, being a little more self sufficient is a good thing....now i will hush up and go back to my corner....:frow
Good idea. I don’t know if I want to know who I’m eating.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I must have missed what Bay mentioned but my farm partner mentioned you last night saying why dehorn and go through the expense for the goats she is rehoming.
I missed it completely. I tend to focus on health /problems etc and don't always connect in other areas.

You have learned a great deal, and one of my favorite scriptures is this one.

Experience brings hope, and Hope maketh you not ashamed.

We learn through experience! :hugs
In case you didn’t find it.

Attachments

• CBDF4470-C625-4E96-A5F7-E76C8B43350B.png
    CBDF4470-C625-4E96-A5F7-E76C8B43350B.png
    741.4 KB · Views: 60

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
S

She is your child, you don't need to explain goat berries to anyone ....nobody should make any comment about anyone's child .....particularly when you have been going through your goat trials and tribulations. .....children learning how to care for animals is a great learning experience. ..enjoy your little helper ....now back to my corner, lol. :love
Then you’ll laugh at this. This morning after we fed them their bottles she witnessed a big bunch of berries dropped and said look he just went big poopy then she proceeded to walk behind each and every one of them and comment “big poopy, small poopy, no poopy” she cracks me up when I’m not too irritated to appreciate it.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Considering you have had an overwhelming amount of info thrown out there I think you are doing a great job of sorting through and working it out. :)
Every goat owner struggles with decisions of some type or another. LOL look at my own journal and you will see how many times I ramble on about how I need to place some does or bucks... but I just love this one or I just love that one. They are amazing creatures and sure do capture your heart.
Thank you.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Hello Carla, i have still been following your journey , you have been receiving lots of advice and options. I have been trying not to add any more of my opinions to your decision process. ....But my thoughts are with the advice @Baymule gave you yesterday...why spend the $$ to de horn your goats and put that extra stress on them..Bay laid out a very workable solution to your dilemma. ... personally that is the road i would travel, ...... i still wish you well but i am going back to my quiet corner and just lurk ....:pop:frow:hu
Your thoughts and opinions are always welcome. I hope you have a nice warm blanket and a cup of coffee or hot chocolate in your corner.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
BWA-HA-HA-HA!!!!! I am that terrible person that labels the bag with the name of that animal.....;) A friend's truck got hit by a Kama-Kazie deer, I labeled those bags ROAD KILL. If i have a special chicken, I put their name on the bag. Pigs, well, I know that ALL the pork came from a certain pig, but my DD said not to tell her who she was eating. Lamb, pretty much the same, I know who is in my freezer! LOL

So if you don't want to know who donated that shoulder roast to the "cause"...….'cause you are feeding your family, then yes, take 2-3 at one time so you can mix them up.:thumbsup