Carla D-Great new adventures and an Amazing Life

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Will let you know how it goes, i do like the Harvard study spect,stress, ptsd, sleep, reduction in mental decline, antioxident, pain reliver,anti inflemtory. Possable weight reduction sleep .and the claim goes on....we shall see if its real or snake oil, lol
Please do. Believe it or not I have everyone of those issues you mentioned.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I am so sorry about the spelling, having vision problems and am puttin off the procedure on other eye, can't see for beans, so i hunt and peck and pray for the best on my small tablet with the cracked screen, lol
I had you pegged as a person younger than me. I have to keep reminding myself I’m middle aged though. That must come with age.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to my world...thats why i am trying this product, it covered more of what i was looking for in the Harvard study....and every one of my issues...its the panic and anxietie episodes that keep me at home. I can not be in crowds period....not that i mind being home with our animals, i would rather be with them than anywhere else. Have a happy saturday Carla :cool:
I can understand the anxiety and panic keeping you home. I’m on SSDI because of my depression, anxiety, and pain. We seem to have a little bit in common. It’s been really nice meeting new people and getting great information from the people in here. They are awesome. But, I’m really appreciating interacting with you. We seem to have a few things in common and can understand many things that some people wouldn’t understand. You said 66 years young. I love that answer. I’m 46 years young. I say that because while I still consider 46 being young. While my body says I’m an old broken down woman my spirit and thoughts in life , and that I can’t remember I’m not 30-35 years old anymore I do feel young at heart. Maybe old age is setting in and that why I can’t remember I’m not as young as I think I am. Thank you for sharing these things with me. I’m going to look up that brand read about it and the research information. I’m on way too many medications. If this hemp oil can relieve many of my symptoms it is definitely something worth looking into and trying. For that information information you gave me last night, it has me very intrigued.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
CARLA... age is only a state of mind....inside your head, my head...we think we are in our thirties. ...although the clock says i am twenty years ahead of you...we are both here at the same time and at the same place, sharing the same interests. ..the "trick" is to keep moving, keep doing, keep thinking..." young thirty something you".....Work past , through and with your aches and pains...the mind is a very powerful thing, when you think positive, believe positive and live positive...it pushes the negative away. ...I choose to be happy, ... i understand depression, have been there...its a ugly pace to be, .... move, get up and get those endorphins in the brain moving, going ..push the junk away...choose to enjoy life...... my last "official job" was picking up deceased bodies....the last one i picked up was on a sixty pound gurney, with a hundred and seventy lb. Man on it, i had to stand the gurney in a upright position to get him out of the room...the locking part let loose and hit me from the shoulder ,arm and dropped me to my knees with all that weight ontop of me, (talk about dead weight) it took the left side of my body out along with my lower back. The reason i told you this story is because i do understand daily pain, i do understand that life can change in a moment...but he is dead...and although i am not the same person i was when i walked into his home....i am still alive. I choose to put my daily pain on the back burner and move through it, work around it and love my life , my animals and my daily chores that keep me moving....don't let depression win...I am here for you anytime, if you want to talk here that's fine. If you want to talk privately you can send me a message...if you can get past the depression, the rest is easy... choose to be happy, get off as many meds that you can (under dr. Supervision ) and move, keep moving and choose to enjoy.....now if you have been able to put up with me thus far, lol....we can talk anxiety, panic attacks and PTSD...they each have a diffrent story... truly laughter is the best medicine :weee:hugs:love
I gotta make a small tweak to your last few lines. The only way to get keep going through all of the issues we have is a positive attitude, laughter, and “go with the flow” attitude. There are always going to be days less positive or more difficult to work through them. But the laughter, positive attitude, and “go with the flow” we can get through the worst of things. Take care and enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Are you saying you worked in a mortuary or with a mortition? Interesting. That is tough work.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
No, you can’t fix stupid. I have such little tolerance for stupid people. But women doing or saying unbelievably stupid things makes my blood boil. Yes, I’m a middle aged woman. But even into my teens stupid women or girls ticked me to the Nth degree. I’ve always been pretty practical, used good common sense, and thought things through. So when a whoa man does something stupid it makes all women look stupid to many people. Women have had a poor stereotype of being foolish, dim witted, and unable. I’ve tried to prove people that’s wrong, at least in my case. So when I see stupid in women I get riled up. Sorry. May be a bit too much.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Women can be so stupid. We owned a furniture store and it convinced me even further that women can be unbelievably STUPID.

Woman shopping for a mattress, laying on them and finally finding the one that was just right.

Woman: Does this come in another color? (Mattress covers come in a variety of colors and fabrics)

Me: No, that is the only color this mattress comes in.

Woman: (in an ugly tone) Then I don't want it.

Me: (getting fed up with Miss Stupid) Aren't you going to put a mattress cover on it, sheets, a bedspread and sleep in the dark with your eyes closed?

Woman: (getting pissy because I just told her how stupid she is) Well, I'd know it was under there!

Me: (Bingo! Now I'm really going to piss her off) Really? (in a deep tone of fake concern) What color is the mattress you have now?

Woman: (stammering) I-I-I don't know. (she storms out)

This played out over and over. I turned it into a game. Some women realized how silly they were and bought the mattress set that they liked, even though they didn't like the pink, or white or blue or whatever color the fabric was on it.

Haha, I sold pink mattresses to men, and they hated the pink color, but saw the reasoning in sheets, covers and sleeping in the dark with their eyes closed.

Carla D

True BYH Addict
Reaction score
I had the vet out to the farm again tonight. That’s two nights in a row. Tonight two of my goats decided to spray blood EVERYWHERE. The first one was Rusty Nails. He must have bumped his head or head butted another goat. That took me almost thirty minutes to get his bleeding under control and then wrapped up. I’ve been told by a couple of people if a goat doesn’t want to eat or drink anything, there is no way to get them to. Just as we got his bleeding stopped and dressed, the next one started.

Billy hit something pretty major. It took over two hours to get him to stop bleeding. My husband held him immobilized and then held a pressure dressing on his head. My husband knows really well on how to use pressure to stop the bleeding. Billy ultimately bled through three well folded wash cloths that were placed on top of each other. We couldn’t get it to stop. After twenty minutes of trying to slow down and stop the bleeding we had to call the vet. I had to make three separate phone calls to him. I explicitly explained that we were not able to stop the bleeding after 40 minutes of good pressure would NOT stop this bleeding. He was soaking through his pressure dressing just about as quickly as we could get it covered. This wasn’t a thick steady stream of blood. This was very red, well oxygenated blood and it wasn’t oozing, the blood was shooting out in a very fast and steady pace. It wasnt a pulsating bleeder at all. Steady stream all of the way.

I called the vet and told him about what was going on. He told me to throw a bunch of flour on the bleed, place gauze, and dress it. Before I hung up I very insistently told him that wouldn’t do anything. It didn’t either. That’s where the third call to him was made. I insisted that it is definatly needing vet care. It was bleeding way too fast for the flour to clot the bleeder. By this point jimand I fought frantically to control the bleeding. We waited an addition twenty minutes before he showed up at the farm. He gasped and said holy shi*. There was blood everywhere. He struggled as well to get it to stop bleeding.

I’m so agitated right now at the fact that I can’t get any decent help from the local vets. They either won’t come out to the farm without throwing a tantrum, don’t give the important information such as dose, route, and frequency, or they can’t be reached. I’m almost to the point of giving my goats away because I can’t find a vet who will help me as I need it.