CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think the worse is past us....and didn't need the Boat....Bruce.....:gig
It certainly is soggy out there and some standing water, but most of it has soaked in already....but, it will add to the humidity when the sun does come back out.
@Hillaire just be sure to take an Umbrella to the goat show....no, not for you....for the Goats.....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Bruce this is the reason for the crawdads being in the field...they will be out tonite along with the coons that eat them....this also shows the reason for fence placement.... IMAG2414.jpg ....and this one....IMAG2416.jpg ....these are also the low spots that I was glad to get cut...before the rain. I wish I had taken pics before this last downpour, because this water ya see was all from the last downpour....simply Amazing....:)

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
We barely got a spit and a sputter out of that storm. The news anchors gave dire warnings all week and just couldn't deliver. One goof drove 3 hours from Tyler to Jasper and finally found rain. Then he stood out in it, complete with rubber boots and an umbrella for the occasion, so he could "show" us folks at home how "bad" the storm was. :lol:

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
this is the reason for the crawdads being in the field...they will be out tonite along with the coons that eat them
So just how much of a PITA are the crawdads? If not much, seems they can make your coon reduction easier. If they are a PITA I guess you have to let the coons eat them before the coons make a permanent move.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Oh, the crawdads aren't a big issue, the only problem they present are those little towers when cutting grass and the bumps they create for ya to roll over. By mowing regularly, they stay on the small side and don't damage anything. I take every opportunity to keep coons and possums thinned out. Being in the house I can monitor so much more than in the trlr, so that certainly is a benefit. We ended up with a total of 4" out of the storm, but by this morning it has been absorbed...no standing water.