CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now, I'll just sewanee!!.....I did leave that "ball on the tee", didn't I?.....I sure do apologize for that and hope all will forgive me for the oversite....I did get "grilled" at Mike's and told them about the meeting, so here we go....
The file of evidence has been recorded at the clerk's office and it is complete, except for the Doc's deposition....it was scheduled, but the opposing lawyer had to reschedule and that has of yet not taken place....so, I asked him....how does the case look to ya now?.....he said that it was a very good at winning....he thinks it could be possible to win without Doc, but with Doc it paints her into a very small box to even move around in.....I told him that I don't want to win by the preponderance of the evidence....but, I wanted to remove all doubt....he said the texts were very telling....:celebrate.....so, maybe the craziness here may well be worth it.....only time will tell....and I sure wish I could shake all of yas hand and give ya a big hug......:frow:hugs....for all the support thru difficult times....but, it ain't over just yet....sure don't wanna get started "counting chicks" just yet....:)

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
Glad to know that at least there is some positive to the case. I realize that it is not done, but I am sure that it is a bit of a load off your mind that someone has seen the evidence of your story and feel that you are justified in feeling the way you do. I know you are smart to not count your chickens, but I hope that you can at least sleep a little better knowing that you will at least get a fair shake in all this.

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Now, I'll just sewanee!!.....I did leave that "ball on the tee", didn't I?.....I sure do apologize for that and hope all will forgive me for the oversite....I did get "grilled" at Mike's and told them about the meeting, so here we go....
The file of evidence has been recorded at the clerk's office and it is complete, except for the Doc's deposition....it was scheduled, but the opposing lawyer had to reschedule and that has of yet not taken place....so, I asked him....how does the case look to ya now?.....he said that it was a very good at winning....he thinks it could be possible to win without Doc, but with Doc it paints her into a very small box to even move around in.....I told him that I don't want to win by the preponderance of the evidence....but, I wanted to remove all doubt....he said the texts were very telling....:celebrate.....so, maybe the craziness here may well be worth it.....only time will tell....and I sure wish I could shake all of yas hand and give ya a big hug......:frow:hugs....for all the support thru difficult times....but, it ain't over just yet....sure don't wanna get started "counting chicks" just yet....:)

Exactly, how do you define 'winning"?

greybeard

Herd Master
Reaction score
Not getting tossed off of the land and there to be some discussions towards a settlement.....:)

Interesting.
If I had lived here, basically for nothing for over a decade, I would have ethical problems doing it here, that is, expect my siblings to not expect to relieve the same thing that I had already received, accepted or taken.

Do your siblings deserve any less than what you have already received?
Perhaps, it's their turn to live there and do as they see fit for 12-13 years?
I assume you mean that "discussions toward a settlement" would include that fact.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Well, since ya wasn't in on...nor have I ever posted....the original "agreement" from its beginning and will not post anything about it either....so, every scenario ya can come up with will always be based on "assumptions"....there were some generalities that were shared, but not "dumb enough" to post on a forum....get real.....GB.....:frow

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
While living there "free" (no such thing :lol:) could mean no rent paid....may be part of the "settlement" mentioned, I would sure expect that taking full care of person there & the property, would also be part of the "settlement". It does not appear that other siblings shared in the never ending day to day efforts.

Have (gladly) cared for two family members through sickness until passing. No siblings BUT-- very, very, very little help from children of late husband. They were happy not to have the responsibility. My own children did little to assist with my mom and trust me when I tell you that 5 years of it was a HUGE toll on my own personal emotion and finances. Not enough $$ to offset it. ANY attorney can present costs of lawn care, house cleaning, laundry, shopping, chauffeuring, daily personal care....emotional toll is harder to put a price on. What is having your life in "limbo" for that time worth, in addition to all else?

Latestarter

Novice; "Practicing" Animal Husbandry
Golden Herd Member
Reaction score
I was going to offer to purchase the home my parents are/were living in to free up that equity stake for them to use and allow them to continue to live there, along with me, rent free. My father is now dead, and I haven't spoken to my mother since before he died. That offer was never made and will never be made. I have no parents and no inheritance to worry about. So no fighting to deal with down the road. Just fine with me.