CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Mike CHS

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yours looks like the small paddock I did last week. I have a bagger on my mower that I only use when I am cutting fresh grass for the dry lot but I give the matted grass a couple of days to dry out and then run the mower over it with the bagger attachment on but the bags not on. The elevated discharge really fluffs it up and lays it evenly out. Within a couple of hours you can barely see any thatch. I was pulling the broadcast seeder behind the mower so it sort of self covered the seed up. :)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
I'll be putting out rye grass....the area of the pic is in an area of bermuda and it grows very well and rampid here...tho, the choice for many here is the Tifton 44 variety, but all our fields are mixed patches of grasses and weeds....lots of broom sage, as it is called here....:)

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
We actually got to see Gabbie in "action" yesterday....I was taking her out for some tossing some with her....it has become the "routine" to do so before feeding the Boys....when she got to where we keep the garbage can, there were 2 dogs loose and running around.....she slammed the dish down and bristled up from head to tail and went after them chasing them back out the drive.....I heard some yelps, but Gabbie wasn't the one yelping....after they were off the property she quickly returned to check on us.....she is definitely a force to deal with.....just glad she is on my side....:)