CntryBoy777 - The Lazy A** Acres Adventures

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I've been considering your current location and think you should consider Florida Whites. A breeding pair or trio takes up little space, is acclimated to Florida, and doesn't need to free range or graze. Some milled pellets and grass hay is all you need. Build or buy a hutch, use a corner of a garage or shed, etc, etc. It may make you happier getting back involved by being a rabbit rancher.

CntryBoy777

Herd Master
Reaction score
Yeh @Senile_Texas_Aggie ....that is why I said wish I had use of one for a couple of days....so, I have considered it....at this time, however, it simply isn't feasible and I can do the work as weather and time allows....so, there are other "projects" that any funds accumalated will be applied to before a piece of machinery will be rented....:)
Well @Pastor Dave , I'm not much of a rabbit fan...just never cared much about them...don't have a problem with people that do, but just isn't my "thang"....also, Joyce has raised and shown them in the past and she puts her foot down about getting any....so, no rabbits here....:)

This morning it was 84°, but the realfeel was 96 and the air was stifling....so, we went shopping to just get out of the house and walk around....the water has perked into the ground and all is good....just hope it stays dry for a bit longer for some wiggle room when it starts up again....:)

Pastor Dave

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I become one-track minded when considering meat rabbits. I forget it is my opinion and not a fact that everyone loves the meat. It puts it into a whole other perspective when someone says they don't really want the meat. It makes perfect sense that someone wouldn't want them. I like chicken, but don't want to raise fryers or process them, so point taken.:bunny:jumpy:yesss:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I think I become one-track minded when considering meat rabbits. I forget it is my opinion and not a fact that everyone loves the meat. It puts it into a whole other perspective when someone says they don't really want the meat. It makes perfect sense that someone wouldn't want them. I like chicken, but don't want to raise fryers or process them, so point taken.:bunny:jumpy:yesss:
I was given some left over Easter bunnies. I butchered them, DH didn't like the rabbit meat. :thIf he did, I would be raising them. So I raise chickens, he even helps by plucking them. :idunno