Coffee anyone ?

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
She has several major conformation flaws, which her breeder and I were fully aware of, so I'm always just a bit shocked when people have asked about breeding her. But of course, what most people are looking at is that gorgeous color, and they have been totally

YES!! Breeding is a crap shoot with all animals. BUT-- often the ones with less than 100% in some areas have 150% heart and they give you unconditionally of that heart and love! I have a dozen old show & breeders. Most are 20+, one stally Is 34 now. They gave me their devotion & babies. I will keep them until the end. Whether the best mini, or almost, they gave & deserve a good life.

@Baymule your young neighbor just doesn't realize how lucky she is to live nearby. No doubt the winter stocks will be waiting for her when she returns! What she does for "all of us" is beyond selfless. Wish I could help you.

Haven't been In my garden in 2 days now. It's still there, growing grass and veggies. Tomorrow I'll probably have my coffee while walking thru it. Probably water it early.....then chores, then go to work.

Sleep tight, everyone!

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is ready! I’ve had my 2 cups, gonna get dressed now. We are going blueberry picking. We took the little girls when they were here Memorial weekend and sent them home with a full gallon bag. It opens up at 7AM, it is cool this morning, so a good day to go. U-pick is $8 a gallon. Y’all have a great day!

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Mmmmmmmmm blueberries! They don't ripen here until July. Maybe I will go pick some this year.
Coffee is yummy. 2 of the 3 bunny buyers made it, the entire polish litter that I wasn't happy with went to pet homes. The boys to one, the girl to another. We had a lovely visit with the friends whom came over. And we got moving first thing and moved the hay. Still need more rain. Oh and a bit of housework accomplished.
Today we need to work in the garden then ds gets his braces off. Oh & DH needs another rhubarb pie.

The_V's

Overrun with beasties
Reaction score
Never grown peonies, haven't even tried really. But I don't have a green thumb to begin with.
Good neighbors are a true blessing! Our neighbors saved our farm this month!
Heatwave is back- expecting high 120's today but at least its a dry heat lol
Sold the last bloodhound puppy yesterday. Today gotta drop off a load of ducklings at the feed store, Jimmy has a few jobs at other farms to get done. Other than that normal day. Its easy to gforget what day of the week it is because our timeline here is based more off off water runs, breeding schedules and chaos moments. All day yesterday hubby kept asking"its REALLY Tuesday?" So this morning I took a moment to specifically look at the calendar to help end his confusion for the day- hope he will do the same for me tomorrow when it's my turn to forget!lol

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Morning all stella scared off a skunk last night she didn't get sprayed this time yay. Dh and I went out looking around for it well he looked for it and I checked on the chick(only have one) and goslings. The pigs were thrilled to see me and Sally built a large nest about to go out to milk and feed up. I am thinking of going to a feed store later and getting a new incubator i am getting an itch to hatch more chicks. (Need more meat and eggs for later). I was thinking about buying Cornish chicks, but dh prefers i hatch them anyways and we enjoy it. Bay that sounds like fun i have to see if I can find one near me the kids would love it. I had thought to take them to pick pumpkins last fall but everywhere wanted an entrance fee and a pumpkin fee and would have been closer to 100 dollars back then and we didnt have the extra money at that time. But since dh start his company we been doing better. I am go now other wise i keep talking about things. Last night was a long one 2 am long to talking keeps me awake lol. It was our anniversary 8 years.

thistlebloom

Herd Master
Reaction score
Happy Anniversary JF!
Thanks for the coffee, I slept in a little. Woke up at 2:30 to a cat fight and remembered I hadn't put the two barn cats in the garage. Went out and called Hey Cat! and Angus came running from under my tack room shed.
Going to see about that stray tom tonight. Tired of having my hay shed sprayed.

Jesusfreak101

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you. Hey @promiseacres i have a bunny that looks to have pink eye. So i treat her. Three others have some eye gunk only were tear duct is. I was debating to treat them as well or just wait and see if they get it or not. I have two seperated(8 bunnies were in the same hutch as these were a momma and kits i need to finish housing for) the one for sure with pink eye whose been treated and one with the most gunk built up on tear ducks(only had two more house currently and I can fix two more using a two older rabbit cages in need of repair).

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thank you. Hey @promiseacres i have a bunny that looks to have pink eye. So i treat her. Three others have some eye gunk only were tear duct is. I was debating to treat them as well or just wait and see if they get it or not. I have two seperated(8 bunnies were in the same hutch as these were a momma and kits i need to finish housing for) the one for sure with pink eye whose been treated and one with the most gunk built up on tear ducks(only had two more house currently and I can fix two more using a two older rabbit cages in need of repair).
Try some vinegar spray/drops, should help clear up his eyes. I would treat all of them