Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks Baymule
We picked beans last night, going to get them canned today. Filled 2 5 gallon buckets, hoping for 14 qts. We are supposed to meet friends for a hike this afternoon. We'll see.
Been working Richie in the round pen, good to see him playing around being his silly self again.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
FOG! It's everywhere :lol: view1/3 mile or less. Sure slows down traffic. Won't be an issue by the time I get driving. We had a month of dry, hot, hot, hot. Then light rains, then hurricane -- 4" there, Last 3 days it's been 2-5" each day. Wooooweeee.....roller coaster. o_O Now, they predict more named storms than the 21 names assigned. Yep, hang on!

My coffee may be one of the "stables" in my life. :D =D Help yourself, it's a fresh pot. Just took those figs from the dehydrator, tasty -- grab some. I'll pick up enough fresh today to fill that dehydrator a time or two. Good season for them -- unlike the garden -- with this weather coaster.

Missed the veggie auction last night, it was pouring rain....like flood time. Didn't go. Just as well, I'm not in the mood for canning this weekend. Need to rest, look at the garden hard, decide what I can plant, start plants, re-till -- once it dries out. No pressure here. :D Grass growing well.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. 19 quarts of green beans! Wow, you did good. I canned green beans yesterday, got 11 pints. @promiseacres what kind of green beans are you growing? bush or vine? Mine are Kentucky Wonder and they are hard to find and pick in those massive vines!. I have canned 27 pints total.

Today is clean out the freezer day, I have a 10# package of chicken leg quarters cooking on the stove, plus 2 more pots of assorted chicken parts and bones, all to pick over and can for the dogs. Got 3 quart bags of cubed beef liver that the dogs didn't like, to mix with the chicken when i can it later. I can sneak it past the dogs disguised as chicken. LOL LOL Another canning day. I've got to get the freezers cleaned out, organized and ready for pork! 2 pigs going to slaughter August 24, one is pre-sold. I may try to sell half of ours, I dunno. I'll be canning all day.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
:D =D I'm with you on this B&B. I have 4, eating VERY well, for past month -- due to weather! If this keeps up for another month or so (expect it will!) I'll add 4 more to the "event". Chicken & dumpling fare but, good eating.

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I am disgusted. My Explorer browser went away. This morning I opened my computer to find all sorts of mis-mash computer crap and NOTHING is recognizable as MY computer. AAARRRGGHHHHH!!!!!! Now I have to muddle through whatever this is and reset everything, re-enter passwords-if I can even remember what they are. I open a new tab and am greeted by nothing recognizable. All my favorite links are GONE. I HATE YOU MICROSOFT!