Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
@Baymule
I always grow Blue Lake Bush... I'm up to 26 qts in the pantry and I think 2-3 in the freezer. I expect to have more next week other than the vines the kids stomped...oh well we're getting enough.
Are they round or a flat bean? I grow Thai #3 long beans, but I don't like them canned. The KW beans can well, but I sure have to work hard to pick them, too time consuming.

B&B Happy goats

Herd Master
Reaction score
:D =D I'm with you on this B&B. I have 4, eating VERY well, for past month -- due to weather! If this keeps up for another month or so (expect it will!) I'll add 4 more to the "event". Chicken & dumpling fare but, good eating.
I think we have counted at least ten in there that need to go, they are riding the hens like they stole them.....hens are crying for mercy ;)...poor girls

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
I got 3 big pots of deboned chicken along with a quart bad of cubed beef liver in each pot, on the stove ready to can. Got the tea kettle on to boil to pour over the lids and rings, assorted canning tools and I am sitting for a moment. Picked more KW beans this morning, eggplant and tomatoes. Resting while I can!

farmerjan

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know the advantages of canning the vegs..... storage and all, but I sure am not a big fan of canned green beans. Too mushy for me. I like them with more crispness I guess. Although I have never canned the french cut ones.... I might have to try that. They sure would take up less space /room in an already "too little space" freezer. And you cannot get me to eat canned peas for love nor money.
Canning is not a priority this year with trying to get the closing and then getting things done to get moved. Not enough hours in the day and I honestly just don't have the "umph" to can stuff this year. Been enjoying some fresh stuff given to me by some farmers....Just for "current eating". Next year.

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
5 dozen ears are vaccum packed, ready for the freezer. Now debating on what to do with the "seconds".. probably will cut the good parts and can it.
@Baymule they are round beans, can or freeze well
@farmerjan dh prefers mushy vegetables.....o_O even if I make stir fry...... but I don't mind beans that way. These hold up well and used to them canned. I usually do a mix of canning and freezing depending on space and preferences.

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
I know the advantages of canning the vegs..... storage and all, but I sure am not a big fan of canned green beans. Too mushy for me. I like them with more crispness I guess.
Yep, about the only commercially canned veg that most people can/will eat fresh that I can deal with is corn .... unless it is creamed corn 🤢 Same is true of pickles and "salsa". Cooked and canned? No thanks. Claussen refrigerator pickles and fresh pico de gallo for me thanks.

And you cannot get me to eat canned peas for love nor money.
Me either ... well maybe if I was on Survivor and it meant the difference between winning and losing ;)
But I worked with a guy who wouldn't touch a fresh or frozen pea, canned only. That is what he grew up with. I suppose that is why some people like Spam® too. I think you have to grow up with stuff like that.