Coffee anyone ?

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
You are not allowed to collect it and store it for later use which is understandable.
But unfortunate. Don't need the washing machine and shower water going out into the yard when it is raining. Need it a week later.

DH is fixing my cars brakes tonight.
That is a VERY good thing!

Good news/Bad news? Storm Marco has shifted to the east of us so we should be off the hook for that storm. Storm Laura is still a question mark and is predicted to strengthen more than Marco. We are still in the "cone of uncertainty" for that one. Dramatic sigh.... :)
Marco is currently going to hit the LA coast south of New Orleans, turn west and follow the coast to TX then head to Houston and San Antonio. Laura is supposed to hit about the LA/TX border then head north to Shreveport. Bay might get some rain from Laura??

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. Pigs are in the trailer, taking them to slaughter this morning. THEn come home, drop trailer and go get Feed before the rains (I hope) start. Got to take the bin feeder out of the Pig Palace and twist the water barrel around to get the hog nipple out. We have a steer coming in and he would tear those two items up. No canning today! I pointed at the tomatoes covering the table this morning and exclaimed THEY’RE BACK!!!

Blue Sky

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can I horn in with a chicken problem? I hate to start a thread because it’s simple I hope :jumpy We had roosters processed and I put them straight into the freezer, no brine etc. I thawed one and baked him and wow, bullets could have bounced off. So I pressure cooked ol Spanky and he was only minimally chewable. He was active and lean but I’m guessing rigored too. How can I get the other birds in shape for cooking?

Last edited:

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Can I horn in with a chicken problem? I hate to start a thread because it’s simple I hope :jumpy We had roosters processed and I put them straight into the freezer, no brine etc. I thawed one and baked him and wow, bullets could have bounced off. So I pressure cooked ol Spanky and he was only minimally chewable. He was active and lean but I’m guessing rigored too. How can I get the other birds in shape for cooking?
Simmer slowly all day or a couple of days in a crock pot.