Coffee anyone ?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Finished antibiotics for Daisy last night so praying she's all better. She still had some nasal discharge. But no fever for several days.
Got our Christmas tree up and got a load of firewood brought in.
Been working on Christmas shopping, online mostly. Kid's aren't getting a ton as Ranger is a big part of their Christmas.
Not sure plans today, might go over to the farm. We'll see. Still not feeling 100%...

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. CMT had a Dolly Parton movie marathon yesterday so we binge watched Dolly Parton. We did get Pearl's pen built and it worked splendidly. We stayed up to 12:30 AM watching Unlikely Angel, which neither of us had ever seen. There is no such thing as too much Dolly Parton! :love :love

Today we are going to take the stack of feed bags out of the horse feed room, cut the bottom off, cut them open, fold in half and put in a dog food bag. I use them in the garden to keep down weeds and have a tendency to toss them in an untidy pile until they hamper movement. LOL No Dolly Parton movie marathon, which is a good thing, I guess or we'd get nothing done. ;)

Atwoods has the big tins of popped popcorn for $4.99 so we are going to get the granddaughters one each. Any excuse to go to Atwoods is a good one!

I got my first egg yesterday from the new red sex link pullets. I have 9, did have 12, but a snake got 3 before we caught it in the coop, got Paris and she killed it. Then the pigs ate it. Celebrating the first egg!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
No Christmas shopping here. Only 18 y/o DGD gets a gift and she likes $. :idunno done.

It was 37 this am, with light frost so had already been warming. Sure felt colder! I am taking today slow...after working some long days all week. Besides, another 10 hr day on Monday. Then really slack. My coffee is great this morning! I'm looking at what I need to get worked here on the farm next week. More hay coming in today...heavy stock up.

Something will be going in the oven later....a roast? A quiche? A pan of brownies? All!! 😁

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Can't say we got a ton of things done but did get the tree up and decorated. DH took a few things to the farm, got the trampoline tore down. And got some rest.
Today school and speech. Taking some rabbits to cull buyer...only one is big enough to butcher....bad thing about raising small breeds. Got a potential buyer coming tonight. But need to start planning more litters. And have an opportunity to get a couple more NZ does from a friend so need cages.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee! The sun is up, it's going to be a nice day, high in the 60's. We didn't do the feed sacks yesterday, BJ didn't feel like it. It got cloudy, the wind had a bite to it and he didn't want to be out in the cold. It's busy work, I try to find things for him to do so he can feel useful. While he does that, I plan on cleaning out a chicken coop, then leveling it up. I want to add onto it with a hoop run, then build a 10x12' coop. That would give me 2 coops with a run between them.

PA are you feeling better?

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
School then get a load of hay. Not out of hay but want to get ahead. A load only lasts a little over a week. Will probably work on plaster too.
Have cage space now, the NZ will have holes when we pick them up. Just a handful of bunnies on the sales list... probably should be more.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
29 out there this morning!!! :oops::eek:🤔. Not nice, so I'm :caf

Just not ready for the cold. Weather says back to 60s in couple days. Better temps! But hard with such extremes....animals are confused. Hey, it's that time of year and worse is yet to come. We will survive, just gripe.

With this I have no plans for today. Maybe make a meatloaf later. Been thinking about it, then it may be meatballs -- or both. ;). I'm hungry! Get another cuppa...may clean house. Yeah, inside job today.

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. I woke up at 5, then 6, then finally got up at 6:30. BJ got most of the feed bags bottoms cut off, cut open and then we put them in big dog food bags. He tuckered out. Since he was so sick last February (we think it was Covid) he doesn't have any stamina. He can work outside for a couple of hours, then he's done. I dug several loads out of the hoop coop and spread them in the garden. I lopped off the jalapenos, covered with chicken compost, paper feed bags and mulch. I want to see if I can bank them and get them through the winter. I have some eggplant that I want to cover and see if they will resprout in the spring. I pulled some weeds and took to the burn pile. Today is going to be another nice day. Going back outside.