Coffee anyone ?

Baymule

Herd Master
Reaction score
Thanks for the coffee. That sucks on the processing. They ruined your T-bone steaks! But you have beef in the freezer now and that counts for plenty of god meals for the family. Since we raise pork, chicken and lamb, we don't generally eat a lot of beef. We buy steak when they go on sale, but that's about it. Really looking forward to the steer going to freezer camp in March!

We get our granddaughters today until Monday when we meet to take them back. So excited!

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's pretty annoying, steaks cut wrong. Surprised they didn't question that....good thing it wasn't ground. :hide. Hey, it's still good beef. Been buying beef from store for years now but, not like homegrown! Goat is more the size I need. ;).

I have fog this morning. First day in several that sun wasn't up bright and happy. It's out there shining so this won't last long! Gotta do a hay run in a while. Right now, coffee. Then more stretches, then the chores, which aren't bad. Need to take a bunch of feed bags to recycle at dump this weekend....a whole bunch! Wish they were paper not plastic, so I could use in the garden.

Yesterday evening I organized my pile of seeds. How nice to get that done. I had a box which was perfect to stand need packets, long and skinny, perfect width. Cut cardboard dividers and labeled -- tomatoes, peppers, greens, herbs, etc -- then sorted packages into my seed "file box". Another larger box holds that, plus a few plastic bags with the bulkier seed, like corn, beans, peas, all flowers. Now I can quickly find what it's time to start and what I have. It's all there together. 😎. Now I can order the sweet corn I'm short on. I'd need 5 acres for all tomatoes I could plant from these I have. Apparently I have a "thing" for tomatoes! 😁. And kales, collards and peppers aren't far behind. I need a greenhouse just for starts. 🤣

Can you tell I'm ready for Spring to get here? :yesss:

Alaskan

Herd Master
Reaction score
That's pretty annoying, steaks cut wrong. Surprised they didn't question that....good thing it wasn't ground. :hide. Hey, it's still good beef. Been buying beef from store for years now but, not like homegrown! Goat is more the size I need. ;).

I have fog this morning. First day in several that sun wasn't up bright and happy. It's out there shining so this won't last long! Gotta do a hay run in a while. Right now, coffee. Then more stretches, then the chores, which aren't bad. Need to take a bunch of feed bags to recycle at dump this weekend....a whole bunch! Wish they were paper not plastic, so I could use in the garden.

Yesterday evening I organized my pile of seeds. How nice to get that done. I had a box which was perfect to stand need packets, long and skinny, perfect width. Cut cardboard dividers and labeled -- tomatoes, peppers, greens, herbs, etc -- then sorted packages into my seed "file box". Another larger box holds that, plus a few plastic bags with the bulkier seed, like corn, beans, peas, all flowers. Now I can quickly find what it's time to start and what I have. It's all there together. 😎. Now I can order the sweet corn I'm short on. I'd need 5 acres for all tomatoes I could plant from these I have. Apparently I have a "thing" for tomatoes! 😁. And kales, collards and peppers aren't far behind. I need a greenhouse just for starts. 🤣

Can you tell I'm ready for Spring to get here? :yesss:
Seeeeeeeds! Of course... you probably have growing stuff don't 'change?

BTW, kid went into town again yesterday, and only did ONE of the 2 things that had to be done.

He forgot his wallet... so couldn't do the second.

He did not go in a third time...

Bruce

Herd Master
Reaction score
Sounds like me Al. Always forget something and figure that out when I get home.

We have a 2 yard dumpster that gets dumped every other week, so we try really hard to get it filled every couple of weeks. it's $76 per month
Do they dump it twice for that $76 or is the dumping extra? If the former you are getting a heck of a deal compared to what I had given I had to pay the dump fee by weight.

Mini Horses

Herd Master
Reaction score
I had a piece of sausage and a chewy granola bar with coffee. I'll be hungry before long but, fast and ready for the moment.

Today I need to run over to the dump with these feed bags. Then on to check out some straw for garden use at a nearby farm, then TSC....my day has begun. 😁 if dry enough, I hope to torch off a few spots in the garden area of stuff that died there. Don't want it to restart. Trying to finish it off.

Ahhhhh, order corn seed before it's sold out! :old. Short list. :lol:

promiseacres

Herd Master
Reaction score
Coffee is on.
Bacon and french toast in a bit.
Snowing this morning.
Got those cages cleaned finally, and 7 does got bred. Still no kits.. but all bunnies were interested in breeding. Which is a very good sign.